Not open for further replies.

vps85

Broken In
i have a little confusion in selecting a mobo for AMD 64 3200+

all i need is a mobo which has the following specifications

the mobo should contains

nforce 4 chipset or nforce 5 if it is available
A SLI board
pcle express slot(both x1 and x16 slots or atleast x16 slots)
onboard video(as iam not going to add a xternal card now)
onboard 7.1 or atleast 6.1 channel audio
support for both ddr and ddr2 ram upto 533mhz
or atleast support for ddr2 ram@533mhz
SATA
upto 8 usb ports
no cramped capacitor layout

my budget for the mobo is around 15K

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey buddy ... i think u r talking about socket 939 amd's rite ?...there arent many sli models available rite now and btw amd does not support ddr2 as of now... so u wont get anyboard with ddr2 support for the amd proccys.. and u can make a choice from the following

1. msi k8n diamod (best set of features but expensive (around 15k)and ya it has onboard creeative sb live 7.1 audio)
2. asus a8n-sli deluxe (around 9-10k)
3. msi k8n sli platinum (some features missing frm diamond but it also has creative sb live 7.1)

OP
V

vps85

Broken In
whether the board has onboard video

thanx mohit abt the details.i want to know two things.

whether the boards u mentioned have onboard video as i'm not going to invest in a separate graphics card.if it has a onboard video then what tyoe of onboard video.is it offers me the same performance a GMA 900 offers.
also whether it has a pcle express slots

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Think different Think me.....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@vps85
no sli boards have onboard video. and ya why r u buying a sli board then if u dont even want to by a single card ? go for integrated video options like msi rs480 instead which has integrated grafix comparable to that of a geforce 5200 if not better.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
vps85 said:
the mobo should contains
A SLI board
onboard video(as i am not going to add a xternal card now)

onboard 7.1 or atleast 6.1 channel audio

Wat are you thinking??

& Do you know what a SLI Motherboard is for?

That board has a support for not one but two graphics card.

If you not buying even 1 now, then wen u will puting two in it!!!

Then wats the use of that SLI if u r not using it.

Most importantly a SLI Board doesnot have a onboard graphics!! :evil:

if want to know more about sli, search for it here.

>>>>Take any other board with nforce4 chipset for your requirement.

D

dinesh_singh

yes coz its quite a high posiibility that when u buy the card in near future the cost of sli mobo will be much lower say only rs 5000.
prices will deffinately fall but they will never be zero so buy what you want never wait for prices to become lower

krishnathelord

In the zone
mohit said:
@vps85
no sli boards have onboard video. and ya why r u buying a sli board then if u dont even want to by a single card ? go for integrated video options like msi rs480 instead which has integrated grafix comparable to that of a geforce 5200 if not better.

very true as such none of the sli mobo ar available in india which have onboard graphic

u can go for MSI RS480 which as aTI onboard graphic

rohanbee

Padawan
I think an sli mobo is a waste of money if you are not going to use its true capabilites..............Rather save money by buying one only.......

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@vps85....no amd64 + pcixpress mobo has onboard video ... for that u'll need a p4 + 915 pcixpress mobo .... now if u have no reason to hurry then i would recommend u to wait ... i heard about the 64bit p4 processor to make debut very soon .... and by then u'll already have the nforce4 sli for p4 shipping to india ...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
deathvirus_me said:
@vps85....no amd64 + pcixpress mobo has onboard video ... for that u'll need a p4 + 915 pcixpress mobo .... now if u have no reason to hurry then i would recommend u to wait ... i heard about the 64bit p4 processor to make debut very soon .... and by then u'll already have the nforce4 sli for p4 shipping to india ...
i think ur mistaken deathvirus or not seen MSI-RS480, its for amd with PCI-e slot and with onboard graphics-64MB. :wink:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@wizrulz
i think ur mistaken deathvirus or not seen MSI-RS480, its for amd with PCI-e slot and with onboard graphics-64MB. Wink

now i think u r mistaken as the msi rs480 has 128 mb shareable grafix and not just 64 :)

OP
V

vps85

Broken In
I need a Longhorn compatible solution

well i agree with ur comments.

considering the Windows Longhorn requirements,

all i need is a system which can withstand the pressure of Windows Longhorn which is gonna release at the year end of 2006.

and i should be able to play games like DOOM3,farcry,hl2,ut05 wiht smooth frame rates

atleast at a resoultion of 1024*768 with all the effects turned on.

and i heared that AMD processors need more number of fans .is it true.will it withstand the heat.i used to run my system for 24 hrs sometime.and i have no ac in my room.

will this be a better longhorn solution

Dual core Pentium 64 bit + intel original board
1 gb ddr2 @400 mhx
which gfx will suit longhorn 128 mb or 256 mb or a 128 mb with more clock speed than a lesser clock speed 256 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom