Mobo for E7200

Status
Not open for further replies.

shailuwap

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I had recently bought a HD 3650 gfx card ( *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102725 ) and g-skill 4gb ram ( *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122 )

Now i need to buy the following items :
Proccy( intel E7200)
Mobo
HDD (will buy WD 650gb)
PSU ( coolermaster 460w)

Im pretty confused regarding the mobo, Abit IP35-E seems to be a good choice but some ppl say it is already outdated and it has got only pci-e 1.0 slot. Will it be a constraint in the future when i upgrade my gfx card?( say 1andhalf yrs from now, but i wont go for crossfire). Even my current card hd 3650 is pci-e 2.0.

While AMD has a rock solid mobo with 780g chipset, searching for a non-intel branded mobo for intel proccy has been a pain so far.

I am planning to overclock E7200 to 3ghz, hence the mobo should have good overclocking capabilities.
Can u suggest an alternative mobo if i cant get IP35-E or Biostar TP35. My budget for the mobo is 5 to 5.5k. MSI's p45 mobo seems to be priced > 6k.

Thanks in advance.

p.s- any1 here bought IP35-E from ritchie street?

acewin

Point Blanc
most of the good mobos are old, there has been bios upgrade and removing of malfunctioning. Do not decide things for future now, like "I wont go for crossfire", I think everyone would get what costs less and is best vfm.

I see on techshop.in there is Palit mobo based on P35 chipset in 4.5K, or Biostar TP35 is also good.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Get Biostar TP35 OR extend your budget and get a Galaxy 680i for 5.5k-6k. The 680i is one hell of an overclocker.

OP
S

shailuwap

Right off the assembly line
Get Biostar TP35 OR extend your budget and get a Galaxy 680i for 5.5k-6k. The 680i is one hell of an overclocker.

Galaxy, milkyway they all sound gr8 but hard to find in ritchie street.
I went to ritchie street today and found only one shop having IP35-E for 5.6k.
None of them have heard of Biostar and when i asked for gigabyte G33 one guy replied "Sorry sir, we dont have such high ends mobos" :(

After enquiring, now its between 3 mobos
Abit IP35-E for 5.6k
Gigabyte G33 for 4.7k
Asus P5Q-VM based on G33 chipset.

I nearly decided on IP35-E when these 2 mobos confused me. Moreover its 1k costlier. Any noticeable benefits? your views please..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Galaxy, milkyway they all sound gr8 but hard to find in ritchie street.
I went to ritchie street today and found only one shop having IP35-E for 5.6k.
None of them have heard of Biostar and when i asked for gigabyte G33 one guy replied "Sorry sir, we dont have such high ends mobos" :(

After enquiring, now its between 3 mobos
Abit IP35-E for 5.6k
Gigabyte G33 for 4.7k
Asus P5Q-VM based on G33 chipset.

I nearly decided on IP35-E when these 2 mobos confused me. Moreover its 1k costlier. Any noticeable benefits? your views please..

LOL :lol:

Get Abit IP35e as you dont need a onboard. Abit is still great.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Its costlier here.. costs 5.6k.
Since i would be paying a premium of 1k for a bit old mobo, just wanna know the benefits.
Everywhere in the forum they recommend IP35-E and they would have had a reason.
umm..can anyone highlight the differences?

IT's the best VFM P35 board. Its priced correctly at what it offers. It has plenty of features plus it overclocks very, very good. Its performance matches some of the higher and costlier P35 board. It's the way to go for you right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom