Broken In
hi,
i want this particular mobile phone.

the best signal transmission ever
gsm/cdma..anything ok
GPRS CONNECTION MUST.
screen quality not reqd.
THE WORLDS BEST BATTERY LIFE
USB cable ONLY. no neela daant, wifi etc.
no extra features. i DONT want memory, camera, FM, MP3 player, etc.
+phone features of the nokia 1100 (yes i mean it)

reason for such a strange requirement: i wanna use it as aN INTERNET MODEM for my laptop, and for TALKING. nothing else

thanx

K

krazyfrog

Go for Nokia 6070. I think its the cheapest phone that can be used as a modem.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
dear NIGHTMARE i think he is hoping for a low budget phone havin all those reqd features...

and ronweasley you may go for Nokia6030. NO FRILLS NO PROBS... i am using it for 1.7yrs old now and no probs till yet. as far as GPRS is concerned i surf the net on mobile everyday for around 5-6 hrs or even more. believe me no battery probs. its still giving a backup of around 2.4days....

but if compared with nok1100 i am sorry you will not get the STOPWATCH FEATURE, u have to download it separately. the one stopwatch i use, the name i will post another day (as i dont have the fone with me right now).

but believe me just go for Nok6030. the ultimate...

-SUDE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
sude said:
dear NIGHTMARE i think he is hoping for a low budget phone havin all those reqd features...

and ronweasley you may go for Nokia6030. NO FRILLS NO PROBS... i am using it for 1.7yrs old now and no probs till yet. as far as GPRS is concerned i surf the net on mobile everyday for around 5-6 hrs or even more. believe me no battery probs. its still giving a backup of around 2.4days....

but if compared with nok1100 i am sorry you will not get the STOPWATCH FEATURE, u have to download it separately. the one stopwatch i use, the name i will post another day (as i dont have the fone with me right now).

but believe me just go for Nok6030. the ultimate...

-SUDE
:twisted: sir, i think nokia 2610 is better than nokia 6030 and i asked the budget bcoz other company r also offer the low cost mobile and better battery life such as moto&sony erc.

stopwatch is not use in your daily life.if he is a sports man or coach so it will be used.

comparision of nokia 2610 & nokia 6030 link *nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,82183,00.html?model=2610,6030,6020&status=complete

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Basic model LG phone from "Reliance" may fit your requirement.You can check here: h**p://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Communications/Rm/rm_handsets.html

Last edited:

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
okk. he requires a mobile for surfing the net... then its nok2610..
(actually i overlooked the last line of ronweasley's post "reason for such a strange requirement: i wanna use it as aN INTERNET MODEM for my laptop, and for TALKING. nothing else")

so i recommend nokia2610. as one of my friend is using it for surfing net on pc purpose.

-SUDE

assasin

Banned
If u'll use the fone mainly for surfing purposes den its better if u get a fone which supports EDGE.U'll get higher data transfer rates.
Normal GPRS Class 10 = 36-42kbps
EDGE Class 10 = 236.8kbps

OP
R

ronweasley

Broken In
wow! thanks for all the feedback guys! but one problem. i seem to have zeroed in on the N2610 but how does it connect to the laptop. i mean does it have USB?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Check out the C200 model from Samsung. It has got all the functionalities you need, and as a modem it works fine. Its very low on budget too. If you can't find that model(as it may be replaced by newer ones) you can go for C210, C130 etc.

OP
R

ronweasley

Broken In
i think such a phone does'nt even exist! (the one that carries all of my features).

has anyone tried searching thru reliance catalogues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom