Mobile Tracking>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
if i lose my mobile fone and i want to find it back, then i have to inform my network provider about it...but is there any way of tracking back my mobile fone without involving the network provider? suppose, the person is still using the same sim and has not switched off the mobile.

thanks!

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
no idea.. but some samsung phones have mobile trackers... so i think it must be a builtin hardware/software feature.

_

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Some companies are incorporating that feature, and some softwares are also there which can send sms about location of phone (based on cell towers) even if you change the sim to predefined numbers.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Whatever technology is included in phones, you can't get your phone back unless police and the service providers cooperate with you.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^Exactly..
But the best thing is to tell the network provider your IMEI and block it to render your cell useless. That way you wont get your CellPhone back but if everyone starts doing it; there'll be no reason for stealing anyone's phone. :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
There is a software for S60 phones, when installed, and the sim is changed, the software sends a message automatically to a preconfigured number, notifying the change. You can then complain to the police or whatever, and trace the number with the mobile provider, and get it back.

here's an example: you install that software, configure your brother's mobile number in that. When your phone is stolen, and a new sim is inserted in the phone, the software sends a message to your brother's mobile. You can take it to the provider or the police, and they can get it back for you. This happened around 3 weeks ago to my friend, he was able to get back his N81 he lost on the road.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
dheeraj_kumar said:
he was able to get back his N81 he lost on the road.
you MUST be kidding. :shock: I have never heard such a success story...
How do they trace the user exactly? By checking the registraion of the new SIM with the provider? Suppose he's using someone else's stolen SIM? :shock:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^I haven't heard either.
But it's possible. One possible way is to reach at the location as told by software in the lost phone in sms. And the other is to get the details of the person whose sim has been inserted in the phone , and meeting him at his registered address.

kapsicum

spice it up
you MUST be kidding. :shock: I have never heard such a success story...

i just read recently in newspaper (Mumbai Mirror) as front page headlines .... a lady from my own locality got her Lost actually Snatched Mobile Phone back :eek: with help from Network Operator & Police :shock:

on the other i had myself lost my mobile phone in local train last year, even after a registering a FIR with Police & also providing my Network operator with my IMEI no... i hv not got my Lost Mobile back :( ...

best thing is to tell the network provider your IMEI and block it to render your cell useless. That way you wont get your CellPhone back but if everyone starts doing it; there'll be no reason for stealing anyone's phone.
though i agree with your point of blocking but who knows if the operators actually block the Handset or not ....

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Come on reality..Cell phone blocking by IMEI no is not possible in India

1. You lost ur cell fone..yo go to police..lots of lame qs by Police..kaisa kho gaya..kaunsa tha ...etc etc ...

2. You will have to bribe them to register ur FIR

3. After that..u have to make lots of chakaar to mobile company office..if u r working ..u will be so frustrated that after 3-4 rounds..u will say bhaad main gaya cell phone.. :x
im not bothered now ! lemme buy another one

thats OUR INDIA service providers and police :lol:

PS: above hasnt happened with me..but my brother had got his bike stolen and till today we havent got any claim from insurance as they are asking for bribe :x ... This is after lots of chakkar here n there and all the police nautanki in registering FIR ..

so accept we r in highly corrupt system

Third Eye

gooby pls
There is a software for S60 phones, when installed, and the sim is changed, the software sends a message automatically to a preconfigured number, notifying the change. You can then complain to the police or whatever, and trace the number with the mobile provider, and get it back.

here's an example: you install that software, configure your brother's mobile number in that. When your phone is stolen, and a new sim is inserted in the phone, the software sends a message to your brother's mobile. You can take it to the provider or the police, and they can get it back for you. This happened around 3 weeks ago to my friend, he was able to get back his N81 he lost on the road.

I think that software is Phone Guardian.:rolleyes:

A

ankitsagwekar

1. You lost ur cell fone..yo go to police..lots of lame qs by Police..kaisa kho gaya..kaunsa tha ...etc etc ...

3. After that..u have to make lots of chakaar to mobile company office..if u r working ..u will be so frustrated that after 3-4 rounds..u will say bhaad main gaya cell phone.. :x

PS: above hasnt happened with me..but my brother had got his bike stolen and till today we havent got any claim from insurance as they are asking for bribe :x ... This is after lots of chakkar here n there and all the police nautanki in registering FIR ..

in this case my experience is different my k790i get stolen while i m entering into train in mumbai
i register FRI within 10min
got new sim within 20min (BPL Moille )
but result is same i m not get my mobile back :(

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Ya exactly... this is the truth..and they will also add "Daily bangalore me do sou (200) mobile aise hi chori hota hai.. hamare pas koi technology nehi hai bla bla bla" i lost my n95 8gb. Also if you install softwares then what if he formats your cell phone before putting the sim and also he can change the IMEI number of the nokia mobile itself(Ya its possible to change IMEI and area code). Usually people who steal them should have done there homework. In case some gaira gujra got it who dont know much about mobile then there is chance(Only in case you droped your mobile and has not been snatched)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom