Mobile suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aparajith

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I want a phone basically in the Rs. 15000 bracket with an 1MP + camera, music playing capabilities, video recordability, Bluetooth, FM, IR, Memory expandability. I had narrowed my choice to the Nokia 6630. But my friends suggest the Sony Ericsson W550 walkman. Although W550 has 256 MB of memory and no expandability I think it would be enough. By the way what is the maximum memory size possible to be fit in a Nokia 6630. Kindly provide me a suggestion.

Aparajith .S

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
6630 doesn't haf fm. you'll hafta buy the fm accessory. w500 is a good choice too.

well if you can live wid mono output then u can consider n3230. 6670 and 7610 are options too (limited audio capabilities but haf everything else u want)

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
The main thing I wanted to know was about the memory expansion capabilities of 6630. This was because my friends using this phone say that it is not supported or even though it would support memory cards bigger than 256 MB ( inbuilt memory of SE W550 ) it is not recommended as the phone slows down too much. If not more than 256 MB is supported or not recommended I would as well go with the SE W550, else will have to consider other choices. Also which of the two phones has a faster and better processor. The reason am shifting away from the Nokia 3230 is due to the complaints regarding its slow processor and buggy, restarting or crashy O/S.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah 3230 has some issues. of corz installing anything above 256mb will slow down any phone! also the w550 does haf a fast proc (i'm not sure if its faster than 6630!)..but its pretty decent.

w550 is a good choice anyway. plus the style and looks apart from being the "sony ericsson"! it looks like a modded s700i phone. cool tho!

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
I am currently using a T230 and I have talked more than 695 hours on the phone and my battery is out of steam. Also I am more used to the Sony Ericsson O/S than the Nokia O/S and so would prefer a SE phone over a Nokia. So thank u very much for the suggestion. Will get the W550 itself.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
N6630 supports 512MB dv rsMMC (now coming with 'mobile' logo on MMC) without any problem in speed.
Infact,a new Firmware v5.0 is released which should be available in Nokia Proffessional centres.This is a more stable FW.
Regarding FM in 6630,we can buy Nokia headset HS-2R (price around 1.7K) which works well.

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
So this ultimately brings me back to square one. Nokia 6630 or SE W550i.

SE gives me 256 MB, FM for 16,499/- but no expandability and Nokia provides expandability. Great!!!!!! 6630 retails for 13,999/- + 1700/- for FM and maybe 2500/- (guess) for 256 MB of memory. It is 18200/-. This pushes me in towards SE ( also because am a SE fan ) as for the same features inbuilt SE gives me that for a cheaper rate. Also I get IR with the SE phone absent in the 6630( useful to transfer data among my classmates having phones such as K300i, J200i etc) . Thanks for the suggestion guys. Am going for the Sony Ericsson W550.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Sorry Friend,just to add : SE W800i has wonderful MP3 player+ FM +2MP camera + FREE 512MB card + Expandability(upto 2GB)+Bluetooth+IR.AMAZING PHONE ,Absolute value for Money.Worth Investing!!!!

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Nokia 6630 cant produce the beats and bass which SE Walkman series can incl w550 w600 w800 w900. If you love music then go for SE If you not then go for Nokia. It is that easy.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
But N6630 is a Symbian phone,we can install Viking MP3(with good equalizer),ultramp3,Diet mp3,nokia n91mp3,mp3go and so on on on.Choices are really unlimited.NOkia rules the world!!

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
Hey Guys,

I think all of u need to be reminded once more that am looking for a phone in the 15000 rupees bracket. That was why I was shuttling for choices among Nokia 3230 ( now off my list ), SE W550, Nokia 6630. If money were not a problem I would as well have got the SE W800 without questions or doubts of any kind.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
vishalbhatia said:
Nokia 6630 cant produce the beats and bass which SE Walkman series can incl w550 w600 w800 w900. If you love music then go for SE If you not then go for Nokia. It is that easy.

That's becoz 6630 is a imaging fone and sony is famous for its walkman brand 6630 music edition has a sound quality almost equal to any SE fone just wait for the thing to come to India

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well audio on any SE phone is better than an equivalent nokia phone! no second thots!!!!

and since ur budget is about 15k, w550 is perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom