mobile phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
has anyone ever used LG GSM phones?
any idea whether LG M6100 is a gud buy or not????
i v read reviews in a few sites ..... but i need some input from u guys ...

thanks ,..........

Alfansey06

Broken In
here is my experience:
1. i purchased LG C3400 1.5 year back mainly for connecting to internet via GPRS - the connection stops responding after sometime, only way to continue was remove cable, replug and connect. i checked by changing PC, Data cable, handset, SIM (there is nothing left). then i contacted LG service center, they upgraded software to Version1.02 the first time. but problem continuous , they installed Version 1.04 second time , the problem continue, then they installed version 1.05 third time - problem continue. so in six months i have to go to service center 4 times. at service center there was another C3400 which was having same problem. may be model specific problem. at last i sold the handset.
2. battery life reduced sharply to 50% after 2-3 months.
3. you should contact service center person in your city for phone's performance. as LG GSM phones are rare to find.

kirtan

Journeyman
I think going for an LG phone is total waste of money.My friend owns one and it is just a crap.problems come from everywhere.

Buy at your own risk.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
the features of the LG phone which i was talking abt were gud ...so thought of buying it ...
if u guys are saying LG is not gud i will buy sony-ericsson-k510i instead ... my budget is 7k [:|]

thanks for ur opinion .... any more comments from anyone???

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
OOphsssss.... no LG .....
menu system is not so bad...,average....
battery is worst....
signal reception is also not good...
my some friends use LG, they charge theri phone every day...in minimal use.....and when he use GPRS, playing music/radio or use average they running for charging the phone... then charge phone 2/3 times a day....
and if you in a city you don't get much problem with signal.....

what you need mainly.... features....

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
iinfi LG phones are gud only b'coz they r cheaper than other phones . I myself own a N70 ,& LG G1800 . There have'nt been any serious problems with my LG . Nokia is undoubtably the best but they also charge a fortune for their phones . neways if u aren't planning to buy the handset for it to last for may be 6-7 yrs , i say go for it for its features. otherwise at 8k you can have a good mp3 phone from SE walkman series ( i think the w550i ).

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i was mainly looking at the memory of the LG fone which had 128 MB and 1.3 MP camera . i simply didnt want a fone which gave 640X480 resolution camera ...
[:)] thanks for all ur help guys ... mera budget 7k hi hai ... i m not going beyond that ...
i m looking at K510i ... it luks gud n features r gud ...memory is bad

soham

In the zone
Go for the SE z530i. I got one recently for 6.75 k . Features-M2 Memory Stick support, onboard 24 Mb memory, VGA camera (interpolated to 1.3 MP), Bluetooth, Infrared etc. Only problem is that the camera is not very good with very low frame rates while shooting video.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
my budget is 7k dude ....:)

finally thiking of buying k510i
*www.indiagsm.com/sonyericsson/k510i.asp
wat do u guys say

does data cable come bundled with it

Last edited:
OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
k510i is out of stock in most places so i m looking at Z550i.... shopkeeper told me its a gud fone....
Z530i features says it has a camera VGA, 640x480 pixels (interpolated to 1.3 MP), video(QCIF)

wat does interpolated to 1.3 MP mean????

k_blues24

Journeyman
@ iinfi,
SeZ550i is a gr8 phone, I paid 7600 rs for that ( Kandivali ).
Battery performance is also good.
1.3 Mp Camera, FM, Handsfree.
Connectivity thru : Bluetooth, & USB, ( u have to purchase USB cable DCU-60 it will cost around 325 rs ).
Good menus r there & options r there.
MMS & E-mail support.
Pollyphonic (40 channel), Mp3, AAC ringtones support.
Media Player supports for : mp3, mp4, mp4a, 3gp, aac, amr, g-midi, emy, imy & wav (16 kHz)
Games & themes r downloadable.
Memory : type M2, upto 1GB.

If u want to buy SE K510 u have check shops at Thane Station. SE K510i does not have memory slot.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks mate .... thanks for the info .. i like the fone SeZ550i ..
i think i will have to wait till my salary comes [:)]
i c jus 7k now ...h ehe he he

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom