mobile or desktop processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbat

Right off the assembly line
i'm running a compaq 2553AH notebook which supposedly shipped with a mobile p4 2.4gigs processor. but on running intel processor id utility and also AIDA32 it doesn't mention the word mobile anywhere, also enhanced speedstep technology is NOT supported on my proc. The company refuses to acknowledge it as a non mobile processor.
Is there any concrete way of identifying it as a desktop processor?
Help plz

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well what mobo is ur P4 running on???? i have a desktop P4 on my dell inspiron 9100...dell never said it was a mobile P4....so i knew it was a desktop P4....plus i was able 2 find reviews which clearly stated that this laptop used a desktop P4...if u can find online reviews...mebbe u can find out...or just open up ur laptop....is that laptop still listed on the compaq site????

OP
D

docbat

Right off the assembly line
that's exactly the problem! The company specs and the database at compaq clearly state that it has a mobile proc with Enhanced Speedstep Technology. Also on FAQs on hp site there is a similar issue which should have been resolved on updating the BIOS. However I did that too, but its still showing desktop P4. Plus why is Enhnd Speedstep tech not supported?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well i guess it is a desktop P4....and enhanced speedstep is not supported on desktop P4s....still u could try opening up ur laptop...that should clear everything up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom