Mobile Number poratability to start in 2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid

Broken In
"Mobile users unhappy with their current service providers will soon have the option of switching operators without changing numbers, thanks to the government announcing guidelines for the same. "

it seems there will be a separate service provider for mobile number portability. this will be introduced in four metros in another 2 months

Source
(*www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Mobile-number-portability-to-start-in-2-months/343396/)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
AWESOME NEWS

This is will force competition. At the moment, Mobile operators know that 50% of people wont change Mobile Operators since they number is flourished everwhere.

iinfi

mekalodu
good ... hope it is feasible for all operators and they dont increase the call rates coz of this.
there was this talk initially among COAI abt this 2 years back when this idea was first mooted

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hmmm, wonder what this does to Vodafone & Airtel. I am pretty sure those guys have n internal agreement on the iPhone.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Thats good news.. Its been in news for almost an year. But nice to know that they are finally going to implement it in 2 months. Time for me to switch to Vodafone from Spice:)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Thats good news.. Its been in news for almost an year. But nice to know that they are finally going to implement it in 2 months. Time for me to switch to Vodafone from Spice:)

I have already done that ;) But i still have my Vodafone number :p

goobimama

 Macboy
Still, nice to know about this kind of stuff. I've been dying to move to AirTel but don't feel like changing my number...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LOL..trust me, wont be happening for more than a year. Goverment and its guidelines, fish and its legs. :D

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I went through the above source, it did not make any sense to me. Looks like new companies will have to be floated???

nikhilpai

Techans
"Mobile users unhappy with their current service providers will soon have the option of switching operators without changing numbers, thanks to the government announcing guidelines for the same. "

it seems there will be a separate service provider for mobile number portability. this will be introduced in four metros in another 2 months

Source
(*www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Mobile-number-portability-to-start-in-2-months/343396/)

Its not 2 months !!!

Work on MNP will start in 2 months and it will be introduced in the metros in about 6 months time... towards the end of FY 2008-09. Other cities will have to wait for upto an year.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
great news. too much revolution coming in telecommunication field. wonder wen wil we get 3g though.

Pat

Beyond Smart
As expected, it is now slated for a mid-2009 release.

*www.techtree.com/India/News/Mobile_Number_Portability_Pushed_to_2009/551-91831-613.html

mad_max

Journeyman
wish i was in india :( i hate my service provider and the only reason i'm sticking with them is that i can't loose my number :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom