Mobile lost.. Need Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi friends..

I had a SE k750i. yesterday, I lost as someone had snatched it from my hand while I was talking on it. I just wanna know if there is any process by which I can trace the location/ retrieve my lost cell phone. I got my IMEI no. with me.

I lodged a police complaint. The irony was that I could not see the bike no. they were riding as it was dark. The sim was removed after the snatch as it reported a switch off after immediate call to my no. Is there a way to trace out the number (even if he has changed the operator) by using the IMEI No.?

Please help and this could even help poor souls losing their mobiles.

If possible suggest any other gadgets/tools to safegaurd the mobiles.

Thanx for all ur extending help..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You can report the IMEI no. to the operator and maybe the police, but its not gonna help you at all. They hardly agree to help you trace an IMEI.

Pathik

Google Bot
u can make a complaint to the police.... if they recover ny cell fones they ll check it up n give it back to u if its urs... and dont expect ny help from the operator...
all in all there s no hope of getting ur fone back... so just forget abt it ... sorry...

dareprasanna

Broken In
An IMEI number-The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is an international identity number used to uniquely identify a mobile phone.
The 15-digit IMEI number is an electronic fingerprint transmitted every time
a phone is used, which reveals the identity of the mobile handset.

How can I find out my IMEI number? IMEI numbers are independent of the phone
number and are usually written underneath the battery or on the back of the
handset. Mobile phone users can also check their 15 digit IMEI number by
dialling *#06# on their mobile handset. Mobile phone owners should make a
note of their IMEI number and keep the details in a safe place.

If u lost your mobile, send an e-mail to cop@vsnl.net with the following
info.
Your name:
Address:
Phone model:
Make:
Last used No.:
E-mail for communication:
Missed date:
IMEI No.:

"No need to go to police station"

Source: THE HINDU, 13.5.06

Hope you will get your mobile soon....

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
hey dude now a days mobile chor r many we dont know what to do but i think there is a software which i have installed frm sme compnay micro sysytem this software send the no which should be told before if your mobiles sim card is changed i am using it its 300 rs per year but i know ts no use bc one of m frd got thats oftare and had gone with the police to the person but he was a shop keeper he told that the person has sold the cell so he wont give to me bc i think using a cell of 20000 rs i can afford 300 rs yearly we can jst change a little chance to get the celll so i think u should downlod the software

Pathik

Google Bot
there is a free software too.. OTRAN... but how does it matter??? ny1 wit little knowledge of cellfones ll hav the sense to format the cell fone... also once u flash a cellfone there s no way to get it back....
MORAL- be careful wit ur cell n dont think abt gettin it back once its stolen :)

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
pathinks dude u r right man but mostly chor direstly put their crd bc they still dont know but what ever i think for 300rs its good if u r using a cell for almost above 15000 as we al use mostly

OP
Kalyan

Kalyan

Journeyman
Thanks prasanna..
That gives a lot hope for me. Atleast I had something to do for my lost cellphone. Thanx for the info. If at all I get my cell back, all the credit goes to u.
Thanx again....... Hope I'll reply again in this thread with a good news.
Kalyan......

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I think they do trace it since even i had lost a mobile phone and got it back after a few months. I got call from the police station that my mobile has been recovered and after few formalities it was handed back to me.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hemant_mathur said:
I think they do trace it since even i had lost a mobile phone and got it back after a few months. I got call from the police station that my mobile has been recovered and after few formalities it was handed back to me.
which country do u live in ....

Pathik

Google Bot
@mav .. even in india there is a possibility of such miracles happening wit 1 person out of 100 crores :)) :))

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey hemant why do i get a feeling that the person who took felt ki let it be man only the person who bought the fone can use it and its better to giv it to him *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I live in delhi and had filled up the complaint cause i needed the duplicate sim and idea people told me to file an FIR. But yes geting the phone (nokia 6820) back was a big surprise.

cooldip10

In the zone
Hey man I lost my Nokia 6610i in a bus in delhi on 31st Dec. No report of that...
You can get your sim duplicated but the IMEI no. has to be given to the police for tracing.
A good suggestion: In a place like India anybody hardly gets back his lost fone..Forget it and get a new one.

S

sariq

10 days before a mobile mechanic was arrested in my city for using stolen mobile. other 3 persons who inserted their SIM in that stolen mobile were also arrested. police came with printout of all mobile Nos. which were used in that IMEI no.within 3-4 days of date of theft.

so if you have contacts in BSNL/ Operator then their is a little hope

Aspire

Padawan
An IMEI number-The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is an international identity number used to uniquely identify a mobile phone.
The 15-digit IMEI number is an electronic fingerprint transmitted every time
a phone is used, which reveals the identity of the mobile handset.

How can I find out my IMEI number? IMEI numbers are independent of the phone
number and are usually written underneath the battery or on the back of the
handset. Mobile phone users can also check their 15 digit IMEI number by
dialling *#06# on their mobile handset. Mobile phone owners should make a
note of their IMEI number and keep the details in a safe place.

If u lost your mobile, send an e-mail to cop@vsnl.net with the following
info.
Your name:
Address:
Phone model:
Make:
Last used No.:
E-mail for communication:
Missed date:
IMEI No.:

"No need to go to police station"

Source: THE HINDU, 13.5.06

Hope you will get your mobile soon....

Thanks ;-)

shyam643

Right off the assembly line
Hi to all
Why not try installing a simple software like Micro LMTS to keep mobile safe from thefts & loss - bit.ly/5GOxTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom