Mobile Lamination ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Hi guys,

Pls tell me whether mobile lamination is good or bad... because some one told me that due to lamination my mobile's battery will get weak......

Is it true??
if u know something abt that then help me out i personally don't beleicve in that.......

sumitava_b

In the zone
jiteshbhimani, are you realy sure that this thread should be in hardware section?

How ever, I really didnt get the point how lamination and battery life can be related. Can anyone please elaborate it?

But one thing for sure, putting a lamination steals the vivacity of one's mobile although it is good to put to avoid wear and tear.......

funkymonkey

Journeyman
my view is completely different.
I have learned from my past experience.
The phone used to get hot due to the fact that lamination stops any air that goes in.
Also i dont like the keypad feeling when its laminated.
Also i noticed no of microscratched on the body, specially on the corner due to minute friction between lamination and body due to constant usage on the phone body, invisible to us normally but it becomes visible after you remove the laminate.
Use a good poutch insted( poutch and not cover ).
Also its not suitable for today's smart phones wher eyou need to change the MMC/SD cards.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Pouch is okay. But never ever get any pouch with chain. That metallic chain takes a huge toll on the body of mobile.

If u have put a pouch on ur mobile, then for once remove it and observe how beautiful ur mobile is looking with all its shinning and glamour :wink: :wink: 8)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i had faced signal reception issues as well as voice clarity issues when i got my mobile laminated... have faced this problem for many handsets and i dont recommend mobile lamination. also sometimes after lamination the shopkeeper might damage the mic and ear piece of the phhone if he carelessly makes those holes on top of them ... beware of this !!! and ya its a pain if u have to take out your sim card or battery or mmc card. so in all lamination not recommened by me.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
I have been laminating my previous Cell for the past 6 months and even though I have to laminate every 10 to 15 days so that my cell looks good I still say that it offers pretty good protection against water, sweat, dust, etc. !!! :wink:

rohanbee

Padawan
funkymonkey said:
The phone used to get hot due to the fact that lamination stops any air that goes in.
Also i noticed no of microscratched on the body, specially on the corner due to minute friction between lamination and body due to constant usage on the phone body, invisible to us normally but it becomes visible after you remove the laminate.
Also its not suitable for today's smart phones wher eyou need to change the MMC/SD cards.

Yes i tend to agree. Lamination is not a good thing especially in humid climates as water tends to still seep through and gets clooged in the phone.
But..
if you still wanna laminate keep some holes at certail strategic places so that at least some ventilation reaches the phone. All electronic components need air-circulation for the electric curcits other wise with constant usage they might get Fried.

This way you will say that" Lets laminate the Cpu too??!! :lol: :lol:

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Keith Sebastian said:
Where can I get this "lamination" done. I'm thinking of doing it for all my remote controllers (tv, dvd etc)

Thanks
Keith
Well the according to the place I live in, here a Cell is laminated in just 20 Rs.

It can be done at any small Mobiles shop and some of the good hardware shops also !!! :wink:

narangz

Web developer
funkymonkey said:

I completely agree.

rohanbee said:
if you still wanna laminate keep some holes at certail strategic places so that at least some ventilation reaches the phone. All electronic components need air-circulation for the electric curcits other wise with constant usage they might get Fried.

This way you will say that" Lets laminate the Cpu too??!!

LOL

dreams

Gracias Senor
Cellphones tend 2 produce heat when used for a prolonged conversation.. mine gets heated up after 5 minutes.. i use 2100.. i dont use any covers but change panels often.. so when u laminate ur mob then the heat produced cant get out and this will affect the circuits and the batt loses its power very soon.. this is of my personal exp.. and also when the mob gets heated due to lamination my mob gets hanged and restarts itself (funny)..

so never laminate.. just change panels or put covers if u want ur mob 2 luk new..

..Shar n nJoy..

rohanbee

Padawan
There you go another member who says that cell phone curcits do need ventilation to protect them from over-heating !!!

sumitava_b

In the zone
Obviously every hardware gets heated up in prolong use and needs proper ventilation to relieve it. Thats why we dont get our processor or CPU laminated just for the sake of saving them from dust and all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom