mobile ghum gaya.. naya dilao yaaro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtox

The Techno Perv
i did some research n i hav narrowed it down to:

nokia 5310/5610 or SE w890.. however i don kno the cost of 890 yet or whether its been launched here or not.. wat do u guys think? also, which one is better in terms of sound quality?? coz tht is my primary motive.. w890i camera has no AF or flash which nokia has n tht sucks.. but for me, its the sound quality tht matters.. i hav a budget of around 10-12k

suggestions for models apart from these are also welcome :D

i previously owned a w810i so pls don suggest tht..

condolences are also welcomed!

thanks

P.S I OWN CREATIVE EP-630.. so headphones shdnt be a problem

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Get the 5310. It has excellent sound quality. You'll get neither 5610 nor W890i in your budget. W890i hasn't been launched yet but will cost around 16-18k when launched.

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
thanks guys.. but i saw on indiagsm site tht 5610 is for 12k.. thts in my budget.. also, suggest an equivalent SE walkman series in tht range? is W610i ne good?? is it superior to nokia 5310/5610 in sound quality?

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
If you can get the 5610 in your budget then go for it. The sound quality is better than Walkman phones.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
not really..sound qualit is subjective...the walkman phones provide the lows highs better but fails in the mids..while the nokia series provides good mids and ok lows....

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
not really..sound qualit is subjective...the walkman phones provide the lows highs better but fails in the mids..while the nokia series provides good mids and ok lows....

sticking strictly to 5610/5310, wat do u think?? coz i heard tht the quality has been improved in this series coz they hav a dedicated chip for processing music..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
sticking strictly to 5610/5310, wat do u think?? coz i heard tht the quality has been improved in this series coz they hav a dedicated chip for processing music..

5610 is lot better when compared to 5310.

IMHO, If I had 12k in hand, I would've got K790i. Before deciding, just go to a showroom and check this phone.

3.2mp cybershot cam
Li-Po 900 mAh battery
240 x 320 pixels, 2.0 inch display
Yes 64 MB internal memory
MS Micro M2 card slot
Class 10, 236.8 kbps EDGE

Moreover, Sound quality is also excellent.

OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv

IMHO, If I had 12k in hand, I would've got K790i. Before deciding, just go to a showroom and check this phone.

3.2mp cybershot cam
Li-Po 900 mAh battery
240 x 320 pixels, 2.0 inch display
Yes 64 MB internal memory
MS Micro M2 card slot
Class 10, 236.8 kbps EDGE

Moreover, Sound quality is also excellent.

excellent point u've made.. i totally forgot bout the k series!! primarily bcoz i assumed tht walkman series wud have better music quality coz tht IS my primary concern.

now tht u've made ur point, is 5610 better than k790?

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Between 5310 and 5610 you can have any; just depends on what you like (about how they look). They are extreeeeemly similar otherwise. 5610 looks better and you should go for it if you are not stretching your budget already. these phones also have better music quality than walkman ones but you need to have a separate headphone also.
W890 will be very far from your budget.
Why not you consider W580? SE phones are much better functionality wise than Nokias. You can run multiple apps on it.

W580 ~ 10.5 K
5610 ~ 12.5 K + (your favorite headphones; needed to have better sound quality than w580)
5310 ~ 10 K + (as above)

So unless you also want to focus on camera quality I'll suggest W580

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
"is 5610 better than k790?"

Cam: K790i is better but 5610 is also decent
Music: 5610 is better
Screen: 5610, for sure
Battery Life: K790i

yogeshm.007

The real Bond

K790 is a good choice too, but he need a music phone i.e. he need to listen to music and for that he also need a thing called memory card which will bump his budget. AND I, personally, am fed up with phone having a joystick. Joystick is easier and comfortable to use for a few months but afterwards starts acting up and needs to be repaired every 4-5 months or so.

Also W610 is not vfm unless you want those portable stereo speakers which come with it.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
K790i easily wins over 5610.

K790i is a rock solid phone that features the best mobile phone camera.
5610 is more like a stylish phone.

review by cnet:

k790i camera features: 16x digital zoom, autofocus, image stabilizer, photo editor, time line view of pictures, Bluetooth printing, and a rather nifty feature Sony Ericsson calls BestPic. Think of the latter as Multi-Shots on steroids. Beyond the digital imaging goodies, this is clearly a high-end camera-phone with all the bells and whistles you can expect, from FM radio to email client, MP3 player, speakers on both sides of the mobile, speakerphone, QuickShare plus, 236kbps EDGE connectivity, 3D games, voice control, etc., to keep those who demand more out of their handsets happy campers.

5610 bottom line: The 5610 XpressMusic is a decent music playing mobile but there's not much to recommend it over its competitors.

The obvious drawcard for Nokia's XpressMusic range is the music player, but in truth, the music player isn't really much to write home about. It works well enough, the music sounds loud and clear--though noticeably louder and clearer through headphones other than the low-quality stereo headset bundled with the handset--and the music player supports album art, but, the XpressMusic player lacks the wow factor of the competition. The music player menu is practical enough, but it's also unattractive and unintuitive so that you feel as if you're always drilling in and out of drab looking lists. It just doesn't inspire use in the same way as the menus on the Sony Ericsson Walkman players do.

Likewise, the 3.2-megapixel camera on the back of the 5610 is practical but unexceptional. The specs look good, including auto-focus and LED flash, however, the test pictures we took, while colorful, were often out of focus, particularly when trying to focus on a subject. Landscape pics look great, and the pictures of people or objects are more than adequate for MMS and blogging online, just don't trust it to capture your precious memories.

I went to the mobile store to get the NOkia 5310 player but after checking couple of specs and quality of the phone, I went for Motorokr E6 as I felt it's lot better and after using it for 4 days, yes, I feel that I took the right decision.

IMHO, nokia XM has got huge publicity but the only thing that is good in it is music and nothing else.

and my suggestion for you is to go to a cellphone store

test 5610 and K790i (build, ruggedness, call quality, audio quality, camera quality, speed etc) and then make a decision. DOn't rely completely on what we say.

K790 is a good choice too, but he need a music phone i.e. he need to listen to music and for that he also need a thing called memory card which will bump his budget. AND I, personally, am fed up with phone having a joystick. Joystick is easier and comfortable to use for a few months but afterwards starts acting up and needs to be repaired every 4-5 months or so.

Also W610 is not vfm unless you want those portable stereo speakers which come with it.

afaik, the joystick problem was rectified long back and is pretty good even after long use.

Last edited:
OP
D

dtox

The Techno Perv
thanks for the replies guys..

but another thing.. can i maybe flash a k790i into a walkman?? coz tht wud really tip the scales in k790i's favour... coz then i wud hav megabass of walkman n a good cam.. wont i?? i say this coz i kno s500i can be flashed to w580..

Why not you consider W580? SE phones are much better functionality wise than Nokias. You can run multiple apps on it.

So unless you also want to focus on camera quality I'll suggest W580

the thing is yogesh tht the sound quality as well as camera in 5310 is better.. coz 5310 has AF and flash which 580i sadly dosent..

P.S: I OWN CREATIVE EP-630.. so headphones shdnt be a problem..

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What 5310 has autofocus and flash?

Hell no. It doesn't have and it's camera is very very inferior to that of SE's lineup.

and I don't think you can flash K790i to walkman series

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom