***:Mobile Audio & Video Formats:***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
I am using Sony Ericsson's K790i. Can Any one tell me the best comressed audio and video formats for my phone and pls mention the best software.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
MP4 for Video compression
AAC for audio compression. But AAC is not compatible with most of CD players. Better stick to MP3 format.

For MP4 conversion, use freeware Super Converter.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Yup. Kiran is right.

MP4 is best for video.

MP3 (@96 kbps) is good. I'm using it for my K800i and the result is good. Tough acc sounds more crisp and clear. ;-) ;-)

MP4 is best for video.

MP3 (@96 kbps) is good. I'm using it for my K800i and the result is good. Tough acc sounds more crisp and clear. :) :)

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Regular mobile phone video is in either 3gp or mp4 format... mp4 is better in quality(read... lesser squares in video)... there r different codecs in mp4 itself... but the regular one is xvid or so... I use Xilisoft... small & all-in-one... but it is not freeware. As Kiran said, Super is freeware. Also try software provided with the phone itself.

For audio, if u want quality with ur phone comatibility, it's .aac all the way, superb quality for minimal size. But if u want compatibility with other players too... it's better to go the mp3 way. AAC is about 1.5 times better than MP3 i.e. a 192kbps aac sounds as good or even better than a 256kbps mp3.

So there is ur checklist:
Video - 3GP, AAC
Audio - AAC, MP3

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
MP4 is best for video
use nero 7.5.9 latest version encode option for video(nero mobile) profile

For audio go to aac
use i tunes to convert to aac

Super Converter quality is bad b'caz it is freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.