Mobile as Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I've heard that there's some application from which mobile can be used as a remote control for IR devices like television etc., any idea on that ?

NB: I've a Nokia 7250i in my hand.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession

If you have 7250i and it does contains infrared the youmight be able to control you TV.But infrared is not sufficient...You also need a symbian 60 or higher phone cause you will need to install IRremote. You can download it from ---

*www.psiloc.com/index.html?action=ShowArticleItem&ida=292

(trial of 10 days)
Psiloc says ---
Compatible with:

Nokia 3650/3600

Nokia 3660/3620

Nokia 6260

Nokia 6600/6620

Nokia 7650

Siemens SX1

Panasonic X700

Samsung SGH-D710

If you want it for free , try Yahoo! groups.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
desertwind said:
I'll have a 6600 soon, so i need it. what do u mean by try Yahoo! groups ?
He means that you can get by illegal ways...

Also he is close to get a BAN or a warning...

allajunaki

Journeyman
Yeah,.. Psiloc makes good IR software..
Its pretty hard to crack(some wierd unified liscencing thing that installs some 4 components in ur phone).
But the problem with iR remote is that u need to be pretty close to the Unit to make it work.. (doesnt have the range of a normal remote for obvious reasons.., Coz IR port on phone is designed for close range data transfer, not brightest LED units).

nikhil

Broken In
all types of remote controls for any type of appliances are real benficial for us couch potatoes...it gives us another reason not to get off our butt..there is a remote control for tv remote control for ac...and other stuff....and i've heard that some of our politicians are controlled via remote control

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
allajunaki said:
Yeah,.. Psiloc makes good IR software..
Its pretty hard to crack(some wierd unified liscencing thing that installs some 4 components in ur phone).

google it mate !!!!!!!!!

allajunaki said:
But the problem with iR remote is that u need to be pretty close to the Unit to make it work.. (doesnt have the range of a normal remote for obvious reasons.., Coz IR port on phone is designed for close range data transfer, not brightest LED units).

it works on my 6600 from a range of good 10 mtrs

kaysquare

Journeyman
hi all, i have heard that nokia in assoc wit hutch are giving out a remote app for 50 bucks in india. does anyone has info on this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom