MISSION POSSIBLE...But how???

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by wizrulz, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizrulz

wizrulz GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

this is abt when i was in 10th.....
    One of my neighbour had this cordless headphone...dunno if he converted a wired one....but this one could be used as one....and he could hear the songs frm his PC winamp ...down in ground...his house was on second floor.....I never asked him abt it...and now cannot ask ..as i dunno where he is :(
    I also wanna do it ...probably for my PC and if possible for my TV too...to watch late ni8 FOOTBALL Matches with volume on....now i knw this is possible....but how can this be done...can anybody guide me....atleast for PC...

2. ranjan2001

ranjan2001 Active Member

Logitech & frontech have cordless headphones they have one unit which gets connected to the computer & then you can use the headphones within the range.
    THey wont connect to TV but if u have TV in ur PC then yes you can do that too.

3. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

Cordless headphones have been around for long now, but they lack range and quality sometimes.

4. OP
    OP
    wizrulz

See that is only my point....my friend had done that....his house was on second floor....and our play ground will be good 500M away frm his PC or more.....yet it was clear....so can this be done and how???......

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  5. int86

int86 You'r Born Free

If wanna try some dirty, get a Fm radio.
    Make your own Fm transmitter. It will cost <Rs 50.
    Power of ur tranmitter will decide its range.
    And if u r succesfull , u can plug it to any adio device, Pc, Tv, stereo,walkmen,even mobile.
    Sorry man I dont have more stuff to share. Though i bought all components I will be making it after my semisters.
    Warning: Making long range transmitter is illegal.

6. infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude Wire muncher!

ok you can do it urself. get an fm tuner based headphones (just fm). get an fm mic (it retails for less than 100bucks and has real good range!). just take a stereo pin connector, short the left and right channel wires so that you haf two wires totally (the ground and the left and right channel together). now remove the mic module connected to the fm transmitter in the mic and connect the fm transmitter input to the connector on the stero pin. it usually runs off 3V DC (2 AA sized batteries usually). plug it into the speaker out of any device (stereo jack) and tune ur headphones. it does haf good range...

7. OP
    OP
    wizrulz

Can i use it to hear from WINAMP?

@int86...please do post when ur done with ur semester and ya BEST of LUCK for ur exams.. ;)

8. int86

int86 You'r Born Free

@wizrulz thanx. infra_red_dude sounds good. I am also thinking to work his way. And wizrulz if it works, i.e. everything goes theorytically then it will work for any audio device.

@infra_red_dude Going to try your way. Have you tried it. Is FM mic sales for <Rs100 really. Do add soon.

9. OP
    OP
    wizrulz

@infra_red_dude --if u can post more elaborately ...it will help...never tried it so a bit confused

10. int86

int86 You'r Born Free

@wizrulz You can get a Frontech cordless headphone for around 500 bucks. Others are expensive.
    Range depend upon the power of transmitter and antenna also plays role to increase rang.

waiting for infra_red_dude to give some inputs.

11. anilmail17

anilmail17 New Member

i have solution for ur problem i m using a FM transmitter which is easily availabe in market. u can get it from any electronics TV, radio, tape repairing shop. it will cost u around 50-150 rs bring it and then open it and desolder microphone and connect a wire and a headphone pin (stereo pin) now plugin this sterio pin behind motherboard and listen your songs on any radio enabled mobile instrument (in my case i m using motorola c168) at 94MHz. I can listen songs from my PC anywher in my house within the range of 100-200m.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISH​
    i forgot to tell u that u have to use 9v battery otherwise at 3v and 5v ur output of sound card at full volume will produce distortion because supply becomes less then the i/p becomes greater and output will be distorted and will hear lots of noise. even with 9v supply i m cannot gobeyond 80% of max volume so i will prefer to use 9v battery or u can try 12v reulated DC supply on ur own risk

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
    wizrulz likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    wizrulz

bravo....thnx for the help mate....

BTW u can post a TUTS on this along with pictures of the setup .in TUTS section..will help others also...;)

13. infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude Wire muncher!

sorry for absconding for sometime! ;) hehe....

yes, thats exactly what i said. i've tried it sometime and it works! the fm mic i bought was for 35bucks! i already had an fm headphone.. dun remember its price. but when i switched it on wid just 3V the range was pretty good. my home was at 2nd floor that time and i cud tune my car's fm tuner and listen to the music that was being played in winamp.

piece of advice: try wid 3V supply and dun go above 6V. it may wreck ur fm mic. i busted 2 mics in my quest to get clearer audio. tho more voltage may temporarily give u better output but it'll kill ur mic faster. i wudn't suggest using a 9V supply. what u cud probably do is turn off the equiliser in winamp or any other media player.

14. anilmail17

anilmail17 New Member

yaa i will provide a tut soon but currently i m busy bcz i hav my university exams and after that i will provide u tut on this along with pic

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  15. OP
    OP
    wizrulz

hey dude u can also contribute by writing tut....it will but good to have 2 types of tuts to pick up from ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.