1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

Missing application warning while booting

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by hsksattish, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hsksattish

hsksattish New Member

I tried to change one of my drive letters through partition magic and it asked for reboot.
    On reboot the process failed and since then after booting it is displayed that " snnt2000 application missing. skipping AUTOCHECK........" and then it waits for about 5 seconds and then it loads my personal settings. How can i remove the entryof that application???Please help.

2. bit

bit Banned

Open regedit.exe and delete *BootExecute* value from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]

Then run this command from command prompt :
    CHKNTFS /D

3. OP
    OP
    hsksattish

hsksattish New Member

Thanks for the suggestion- it worked. However i saw that there were 4 "BootExecute" values namely BootExecute002 BootExecute003, etc. I deleted the one without the number. What r the other entries for anyway??????

4. bit

bit Banned

I have never come across with such entries in my system.

I may be wrong, but you may using some system softwares which may backing those entries. So it may be safe to delete those entries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.