mIRC doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
ive used mIRC to download songs before ... i forgot how to get abt it
i wanna download certain files .. im sure everyone knows what ...
i have some channels .. but i dunno how to go abt searching/downloading
any help ?
btw some channels are also welcom ofcourse
MODS: i dun think this is illegal .. just askin how to download files in mIRC

wORm

Journeyman
You can search for required files on *www.packetnews.com/ and then directly download them by clicking on the channel link and then pasting the "get pack" command in the channel.

If you find an interesting channel, then you could use scripts like XDCCKlipper to keep track of files on offer at that particular channel.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
i think after u enter the channel u have to enter @"filename" to serach for a particular file. It's been almost a year since i have been on irc, so a bit rusty. After u find the user u will have his trigger just enter the trigger name for eg: !songs . The session between u and the fileserver will start.Navigate thru his songs and get the song u want by enterin get "filename.mp3". I think thats it.

wORm

Journeyman
Just to clarify, blade_runner is talking about FServe, which also works on IRC. FServes are generally for smaller files like e-books etc.

ujjwal

Padawan
Some channels will allow you to search files using @find filename, and displaying list of fservers by typing !list, but some dont.

OP
T

theraven

Technomancer
damn i give up
@find worked on some ...
i guess i need someone to step me thru it ... with channels .... i guess my list is pretty useless..
lemme know if someone out there can help
thanx again y'all

wORm

Journeyman
theraven, please give XDCC you will not regret it.

Read this Tutorial on IRCSpy.com (another XDCC search engine). -->
Code:
*www.ircspy.com/guides.asp?mode=display&id=1133

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hope this will help u.

*cooljeba.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=problems&action=display&num=1090628201
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Deep

Version 2.0
go to
www.ircspy.com
Search your file...
Click on pack number from the left site..
it will connect to the channel
press control + v
press enter

your download should start..

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom