Mindless Internet Censorship by the Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
I am unable to access any blogspot.com blog since yesterday and now I am getting slight hints that it is being blocked in India by some ISP's?

Can you access blogspot.com blogs?
If yes then what is your ISP,if no then also what is your ISP?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Re: Can u access any blogspot.com blog?

Yup I can access blogspot blogs. I use Sancharnet(BSNL) Dial up.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow

yes i can too. could u give the links which u say are blocked?

OP
manas

manas

Try my blog *manast.blogspot.com or any other blogspot.com blog.I m not able to access any site on my Ortel.net broadband conn but I am able to access them on my Netone dial up connection.

tuxfan

Technomancer

I can access the main blogspot (blogger) site but not your blog. Has it been deleted?

eagle_y2j

Youngling

Ya! my blog is also facing same problem .My frnds from Pakistan,Hyderabad and MTNL triband are saying they can't access ........................................wat to do

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"

Everything opening fine here.. (Even your blog Manas). BTW me on airtel.

OP
manas

manas

See this:
*www.desipundit.com/2006/07/15/blogspotcom-blocked-in-india-by-some-isps/

and

*www.gonomad.com/traveltalesfromindia/2006/07/what-is-up-with-blogspot-blogger-sites.html

T

titun

Yes manas I am also not able to open your blog. You know I also use Ortel Broadband here, may be our ISP blocking it.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Indian ISPs blocking *.blogspot.com and *.typepad.com blogs

I've been reading on linux-india irc channels about the recent unaccessibility of Blogspot.com, Typepad.com blogs. It seems that the ministry of IT has ordered such blockage. Several people have reported about the government agency CERT-IN < *www.cert-in.org.in > behind this blocking, and has issued notices to several indian isps.

*jace.seacrow.com/archive/2006/07/17/blogspot-blocked-by-indian-isps
*techbytes.co.in/experimental/bypas...006/07/blogger-has-been-blocked-in-india.html

If you are experiencing connection timeouts while visiting blogspot.com blogs then mention here.

Last edited:

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Re: Indian ISPs blocking *.blogspot.com and *.typepad.com blogs

I m not facing such problem.............. but my friends are saying they can't access my blog.:-(. I m acessing net using BSNL ,but i m confused if ministry of IT has ordered such blockage so y BSNL is not blocking blogspot!.

whim_gen

Journeyman

Run...the thought police are here.
An Orwelian nightmare unfolding guys...

But,its strange.
I can access all of them.
Anyway,one can use *anonymiser.com or any other proxies too.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy

Not all ISPs have implemented the block. As i can see right now, my blogs are not available on Reliance link at TIFR and Exatt connection at home. However they are available on MTNL connection at office.

As of now the reported ISPs blocking Blogspot are:
Reliance, Spectranet, BSNL, Exatt, Bharti

Last edited:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl

Please add Sify also to it...Could not access even a single blogspot.com Blog! What rubbish...banning freedom of speech??

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

add bsnl dataone to list also
anyways i always keep 50 tried & tested peoxies handy but what for the vistors they will not use proxy.so we will lose good amount of visitors:(

nix

even i cant access *.blogspot.com
this is ridiculous....first there is talk of conrolling media, then this and god knows what next??

knight17

In the zone

Use proxies as mentioned..
Here is one more
*www.anonymouse.org
thanks!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

India blocks Blogger, TypeAd and Geocities blogs and websites

The Indian Government has issued an order to all Indian ISPs for a ban on various blogging sites. While no official release has been made on this front, the reasons being attributed to this ban range from it being a preventive measure to stop sleeper terrorist cells from accessing instructions contained in blogs, to a new measure to try and control the spread of information through blogs. The order was issued by Department of Telecommunications (DoT). The known list of blocked domains is *.blogspot.com, *.typepad.com and geocities.com/*.

It leads me to wonder if this is a case of ISPs overreacting, which would not be the first. Three years ago, they had rather zealously blocked groups.yahoo.com in a similar manner when all they wanted to actually do was to block a particular group. As of now most of the large ISPs have already complied with the DoT order and a large population of Indian bloggers has been cut off from their own blogs. Keep checking back here, as we will post more news on this story whnever available.
Source: *tech.moneycontrol.com/

Here is a list of Indian ISPs who have already complied with this order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom