Mind blowing software!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

niks999

Broken In
Hey you guys!!!
You should try this software - ..:~Power Archiver~:.
This is a compression software like that of Winzip, WinRAR etc.
But better than all of them!!!
It supports many formats like 7Z, ZIP, RAR, CAB, and many more!!!
Best of all is its compression power!!!
It compressed 733MB to 319MB!!!
You all should give it a try.
Download at:-
www.powerarchiver.com/download/

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Also the time taken for compression and De-compression is a major factor .... how good is it with that ... also I agree with Bad boy the we need to see which file was compressed ?

Well guys I am downloading it. Let me see how good it is.........

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
Ok ok now i'm going to Use WinXp inbuilt Compression Utility, WinZip, WinRar, Kgp & Power Archive to test
i'll use 3 different format .exe files, .prn files, .jpg file
tommorrow u'll get the results
wait n watch

21.7 MB to 20.9 MB with normal compression in kgb format

21.7 MB to 21.2 MB with Maximum compression in zip format

Well Ashish So how good it is???????????????

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Crap simply crap ..... If someone has the time then do a complete analysis of all these compression utilities against some known file types.

@ Aakash what file type did you try to compress ?

OP
niks999

niks999

Broken In
Dudes u can compare ".:~Power Archiver~:." with any compressor-WINZIP, WINRAR, KGB Compressor or whatever.
But You will see the difference.
And the interface and design of ".:~Power Archiver~:." is better than everyone.
Try it guys.
And by the way, I compressed an image file!!!
Enjoy!!

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
wel try KGB man , then you'll see the difference , but compression time also matters that's why WinRAR and 7Zip are the most viable options cos they achieve the maximum compression/performance ratio . i compressed a 4 GB image to 20 MB with KGB but what's the use when it took 2 days to do so .

shaunak

Tux Fan
Just downloaded and used it.
My thoughts:
I Dont think you have met KGB. Let me introduce you;
This is KGB. Its probably the most powerful archival tool. It can achive insane compression ratios [at the cost of system RAM though]. It can also keep your secrets safe by using advanced encryption techniques. KGB Archiver uses AES-256 encryption to encrypt archives. Its by far the safest crypt. on earth. To top it all its free and released under open source.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ps: Note: Somebody sells KGB Archiver on page *www.fairfrugal.com/packer/. please dont buy it from here. its a scam. KGB Archiver is FREE.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well aakash tried kgb and the results hav been posted .... doesnt look like kgb is the best (based on the results) .... please validate ur statements with proof

jeetu

Broken In
I'll stick with winrar. Its still the best out there.
Compression ratio depends upon file type. On some files with winrar I compressed a 100MB file to 1.2 Mb.
Now try compressing an mp3 file?
File won't compress much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom