i can not run Midtown Madness on this Config--
Gigabyte P35 S3G
C2D E 7200
2 GB Transcend 800
450 w PSU
160 GB Seagate, 160 GB WD
Windows XP SP2
Viewsonic 19 inch.
Please advise where could be the Problem.
Dr Amit
Delhi

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
What ?? I ran it with P4 1.8Ghz and VIA IGP..... theres no-way you cant run it with that config.... there must be some software error .....

OP
D

drjamit

Broken In
I also feel that there is some problem other than hardware since i spent 12k to upgrade to new hardware so that my children can play this game. i cant understand the problem.only error report i get is that--------
YIKES, it seems game was not properly closed last time. Please update ur driver. This is a Word File. I tried Safe mode also but it would not run. Now comes the other amazing part, Same game runs on My dell Inspiron 1525, C2D 5750, 965 Chipset, Inbuilt graphics 2 gb ram . Vista Home premium.
Is this game the older one which requires Solo Processor at More speed than 4 cores at slower speed or some thing like that.
I have latest Nvidia driver 178.19 installed on C2D 7200 P35, 8400 GS.
Should i buy 9400 GT or 9500 GT or 9600GT.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If the error is something like this:
YIKES!
Midtown Madness 2 was not properly shut down the last time you ran it. This may have been caused by several factors, including abruptly turning off your computer, or because the game itself stopped responding.

Then Microsoft has provided these possible solutions:
• Update your sound and 3D video card drivers to the latest ones available from the card or chipset manufacturer's web site. Once you've updated your drivers, run the Redetect Video utility (located in the folder where you installed Midtown Madness 2), and then start Midtown Madness 2.
• Try running the game in Software Only mode. To do so, start Midtown Madness 2, and then click the Options button in the upper-right corner of any game screen. Click Graphics, and then, in the Renderer list, click Software only (no 3D video card). When you're finished, click Done to confirm the change.
• If the game was previously running successfully on your computer before you made changes to your audio or video drivers or to your Options settings, backing out of those changes may fix the problem. For example, if you encountered difficulties with the game after switching to a very high display resolution, switching it back to a lower resolution may solve the problem. (To change your resolution setting, start Midtown Madness 2, and then click the Options button in the upper-right corner of any game screen. Click Graphics, and then, in the Resolution list, click the resolution you want. When you're finished, click Done to confirm the change.)
• If you continue to have problems starting Midtown Madness 2, run the Midtown 2 Safe Mode utility (located in the folder where you installed Midtown Madness 2). This will allow you to start the game and make necessary changes to Options settings.
• Readme.rtf (located in the folder where you installed Midtown Madness 2). This document includes detailed information on troubleshooting problems you may encounter when running the game.
• The Midtown Madness 2 Help file. Click the "?" button in the upper-right corner of any game screen), or open the Mm2help.hlp file (located in the folder where you installed Midtown Madness 2).

Source: *support.microsoft.com/kb/273787

Do give it a try even if it's not Midtown Madness 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom