Middle mouse button to scroll in browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
How to use the middle mouse button to scroll in Opera and Firefox browsers when you click it? Generally, when I click the middle button, I get a new page. The trick mentioned here sure makes the browser to stop loading pages, but I am not able to use it to scroll like I do in Windows.

praka123

left this forum longback
^its about linux :) dude
middle mouse is assigned a different role in linux.even two button mouses are clicked simultaneously to achieve middle click.middle button pastes highlighted text etc.with a scrollwheel,it is rolled up and down for page viewing works fine.

for u,there are options for autoscrolling etc in firefox preferences>advanced and opera too may have same options.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah, check the 'Use autoscrolling' option under Edit > Preferences > Advanced Tab

Tell us if that doesn't help?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
the scrolling works for me too,
btw i am on firefox.
i also tried it in flock also.(flock is good)

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@Qwerty-Thanks for that, it works fine on FF now. Got it on Opera as well :) Go to Tools>Preferences>Advanced Tab. Choose Shortcuts on the left-hand. Click the Middle Click Options button. Choose Panning and choose Do nothing from the below options.

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
Thanks i finally got to scroll in Opera. I went through the shortcuts menu but never realised the middle button option was there in front of my eyes; but this forum has pampered me so much :) that i cant solve a simple thing like this on my own!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
i cant miss the paste feature by middle mouse scroll wheel press.or just selecting some words or sentence and drag it to Desktop for a text file!(gnome!)without middle button,it is really something missing(BTW two bu10n mouses too can emulate 3 button)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom