Microsoft's Next Non Windows OS [Codenamed: Singularity]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Yes... you read it right... it's codenamed Singularity & MS Researchers doing it from scratch...

Microsoft Research has developed a prototype of a microkernel operating system, code-named 'Singularity.' Its most surprising feature: It has nothing to do with Windows.
More on MSW

Source: The e-mail I just got from my friend Vicks!!

planetcall

Indian by heart
Very True. Something I do really love about M$ is there vision for the future. In particular, Gates knows where to put in the money and when. As in this post link its quite obvious that for the survival M$ will have to go for a major change in the architecture of the Windows. Maybe they call there new product something else but its very sure that its not gonna be a successor to Windows Series in anyway.
Nice link pal.

cryptid

Journeyman
seriously very shocking news ,,,, hope they are not gonna develop a clone of Linux and call it *Inovative thinking*

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Just hope they didn't name it singularity because your files will be lost forever or that it will be the heaviest thing around or that it will attract all sorts of rubbish to itself or that it will suck all the 'light' near it (IOW, it will sux0rs) or ...?

Or do you think they named it because it will be the samllest one around (yea, right), or because it is a gateway to a whole new universe ('Event horizon', the movie anyone?).

My bet is that it will make other OSes (read: linux) near it to shine brightly like a Quasar :)

PS: Sorry for the useless post and the astronomical innuendos. Google for help.

blackpanther

Right off the assembly line
MS rules again...

:D
MS rules again...

The best thing is that it is written in C# -- totally object oriented. They have also separated process dependencies. Process space is sealed during loading -- Strong Process Isolation architecture. :shock: Many new improvements........
Hope we don't have to see the :? BSOD :evil: like Windows any more... :wink:

nikhil

Broken In
what ....another way to enslave us...another way to ripe us off...another product which will be available in a pirated form even vefore it's officially released in India

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
nikhil said:
what ....another way to enslave us...another way to ripe us off...another product which will be available in a pirated form even vefore it's officially released in India

Eh .. Enslave ..? Can you explain yourself a bit more ..? No one is begging you or threatening you to use it .. If you dont want it .. dont use it .. There are hundreds of alternative ..

kato

Karthiksn
i m very sure that this OS from microsoft wont "enslave" us as we have been accustomed to windows if they want to make it new then users will have to learn from scratch so as there are already manny good distros from linux which is now being used by many will become a bit more popular if they discontinue windows

praka123

left this forum longback
well said Kato! :lol: Linux needs more space in the minds of pirated wingdowz (no offense!) users in great Hindusthan of ours.

srijit

Broken In
you might want to check this link out. remember that the headline might be misleading :p
*blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/index.php?p=459

iinfi

mekalodu
shocking news ..... does that mean MS is feeling that its got a lota competition from other OSs that it wants to create another OS of its own and start a competition within itself....??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom