Microsoft,Yahoo Connect IM Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
In my first report in months(mainly due to plagiarism),i report this very interesting news,
Nine months after announcing they would make their instant messaging services interoperate, Yahoo and Microsoft have done it.

The companies are set to release on Thursday a limited beta test of aservice that will enable users of Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger with Voice to connectwith each other.

The service will allow people to sign into both services using one userID, and to see the status of connections of friends from both networks.

The companies announced plans last October to make their IM services interoperable, in what analysts said was a shot to market leader AOL Instant Messenger and a defensive jab at Google Talk.
Source:Cnet News

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well the option has been added in add contacts box itself in the beta 8 version...
i have added a few hotmail contacts but still have to test it...
But it is certaibly a boon for both users who found one of the messengers better.
For me Yahoo msngr rox!
wat do u have 2 say?

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
did u read the topic properly??? i am talking about merger of windows live and formerly msn messenger with yahoo messenger services so that both yahoo and msn/hotmail users can talk in same messenger!!!
here the info on it...
The WLM Messenger which integrates so,Download
You also need to sign-up here to use the merger service...
Sign-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom