Microsoft XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharon

Broken In
Is xbox discussions allowed here. If so, is it possible to get xboxes in India and how much are they costing there?

I currently own 3 xboxes, I plan to bring them over to India and setup lan party. To enjoy some games I plan to bring more or would be easier if I just buy from India.

Thank you

theraven

Technomancer
sure u can discuss xbox's here ( thinkdigit )
and sure u get them here ( india ) too

u get them for anythign between INR 10-12k
modded versions too

our resident freshseasons is from nagpur and runs a gamin parlour with ps2's and Xbox's
u can contact him too if u want
u CAN get games here ...and maybe cheaper too ( well pc versions are cheaper ive hear thanx to techno_funky and Nemesis )

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yup raven...as far as i know, XBOX games arent even officially available in India.....PS2 games r available but mostly cost more than they do in the states....or at least officially....PC games however r cheaper most of the time in India....

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
thanks @theraven :p
Yaa i run gaming Parlour in Nagpur with Xbox and ps2. You can get Xbox with matrix modded chip anything around 12000.. The games are freely available too.
Between the comparasion i have found Xbox to be higher on graphic sense. But Then PS2 Draws a lots of crowd.
Xbox Games are available around 125 to 60 Rs ...
Ps2 50 Rs
Racing Games sound n looks lot sweeter on xbox
Fighting games ( Raw Vs WWF , Smackdown ,) on ps2 best.
The vibration feedback on Xbox is better ....but the key response is a tad slower than PS2..But the trigger for racing is just irrepacable.
Theres nothing to talk about vibration feed back on PS2 as need for speed and Smackdown gets the same vibration.
:x
Built Quality ...hardware specs are best of Xbox...However beaware of vendors selling fake controls. They give way just in 1 week or 2.
Insist on the oroginal controls
Yes other thing ....On PS2 you will need Multip Tap adapter to play more than 2 player....
xbox doesnt need that adapter since it alreadt has input facility for 4 Player or controls
Rest stay in Peace and Njoy life...

OP
S

sharon

Broken In
All of mine are modded with Xecuter chip.

Can you please verify howmuch will modded ones cost?

How much are the controls?

I have 200Gb upgrade on all of my boxes, but do you find compatible HD in India if you wanted to upgrade?

See ya

theraven

Technomancer
Maharashtra
then u2 can fly in 2 bombay for a crazy time with the rest of the members
techno our resident game freak is here
Nemesis will be here too by then
we'll convince Bat to join in !! :lol:

OP
S

sharon

Broken In
I did not have enough time lasttime. So here are more info on how my xbox is modified.

Modded with Xecuter 2.3B+ modchip (US $ 55/chip)

Bios: Bank 1: Xecuter 4983.67

Bank 2: GentooX Loader

On Board TSOP: EvoX M7

Xbox (US $ 200 approx including tax)

Hard drive upgrade Seagate 200Gb ( US $ 150)

Softwares Installed:

Dashboards : EvoX , Avalaunch, UnleashX

Linux: GentooX

Emulators: Mame, Atari , Segagenesis and GBA.....with ROMs

Games: almost 150 Xbox games on two Xboxes....more will go in the third one.

My powersupply is 110V (I need to do something about it for Indian conditions).

Controllers cost on an avarage of US $ 20.....I might have to buy more when i reach there.

One more thing I need to know is have anyone modded xbox V 1.6 there, mine are all 1.3 and 1.4.

Thank you

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
hi ,,
Well Nagpur is In Maharashtra . Centre of India its said. Since you are only interested in Xbox i will talk about them. I dont think the price difference is much for the modded xBox chip as no one here understands about the modded chip and yes we ( Read I ) :p Tend to take advantage from the dealers regarding this.
Most of my xBox are modded with Matrix Also called as Xodus.
One of them is Xecuter3 moded.
Asked one with XeniumOS ..which will come to me by the end of this week.
About the indian condition nothing needs to be done.Get 250 to 110 transformer. The controller here costs 750 Rs Original box packed.
I think you can almost get anything in India if you can just about search . My Way of getting things are Delhi , Mumbai , (MADRAS) Chennai .
Sometimes i visit Hong Kong too for them...but its worth every bit for me..
If you are interested in visiting the parlour ...( I take the Pride in calling it India's best gaming Parlor (Xbox and PS2 ) ..) Please allow me to invite you .
Have fun

OP
S

sharon

Broken In
You have been very kind with your responses. Thank you. My intention is actually to get more people interested on modding Xbox. It is an expensive project, but for me it was worth it every bit. I hope you know what I mean.

Will be keeping in thuch and thanks once again.
Seeya.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Talk about Xbox PS2 and the Pleasure is mine ....all of it !
Modding may be an expensive business...but donsn't one seem to dawn upon the Fact . Its makes Running pirated DVd games n Copies of them just as possible.A Really cheap Affair in a long run. Consider this . With 5 Original Xbox games one will almost get Xbox at the same cost.
But i do have original copies of the Games. Simply Cannot keep the Xbox running on pirated Games for the simply reason that Xbox community is still very small ( Compared to PC its still a Drop of the Vast Ocean) . If game Developers don't earn how the hell are they going to come up with more Titles.
I dont claim to help them much by buying a Original copy per game but then i understand . If fewers games are going to come than My Game Parlor will be the one thats Affected.
Pc market is altogether different scenario.
Anyway you know a way to play DIVX Files on XBox. or PS2 . There is one Really. Only software modding needed.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hey freshseasons, since u r into modding and stuff....there was an article on anadtech where they installed linux chips on xboxes and tried 2 run an xbox farm....8 boxes 2gether....i cant seem 2 find the article right now...but it was very interesting...u should read it....

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
you mean Xbox Gring ..super computing. I thought one needed the knoppix cd on Pc. hmm now how about Dumping the Grind alley on the hard drive of Xbox and Making them work .
Ya network can be configured on Xbox.
Wait leme give it a try and report.
Right now in Pune.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
How much wud a PS2 cost?
I dunno much abt this gaming stations, so what r exactly mod chip?
-------------------------------
How long do u think PS2 be ruling the market, esp. when sony is marketing PSP.
Pls let me know all I need to know abt PS2 b4 buying one.
Thx in adv.
:)

OP
S

sharon

Broken In
Playing DViX files on Xbox, you might want to try Xbox Media Centre.....It is the best app for xbox and truly turns it into a media hub. You can use it as a dashboard too.

Things you can do with it are:

Play lots of movie file formats.

Backup your audio Cd and play it. Has a new karouke support (this needs more development). Play lots of different file formats

It is basically mplayer...and has the same supporting codecs. There are plugins for viewing apple movie trailers and web radio.

store your digital pictures...and view them on TV.

Also good to use Xlink Kai for online gameing.

Stream movies and music.

Also has built in FTP server.

Ask about PS2...I don't know much about except that it looks cool. The things you can do with xbox are unlimited compared to a ps2.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Xbox is a way ahead compared to PS2. Thought to play network games on xbox Live internet is needed . Read 256Kbs. Tell me something. How do you really play online games on Xbox?
The new slimmer PS2 looks cool not sure about the old one. It costs around 9300 Rs . PS2 i think is desperatly waiting for PS3 as its way past all its fire power. Xbox is pretty young and can wait for ayear more to gets its new avaatar.
Hmmm Halo 2 is the greatest on Xbox. Tell me what games you like on them . NFS2 underground 2 is my other favourite.

OP
S

sharon

Broken In
Yes, I used Xlink Kai, XB Connect and Game Spy.

Game SPy is the worst.

Xlink is the best and lot of rooms to join.

Xb Connect, is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom