Microsoft To Ship All OS Bits With Every Version Of Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Microsoft plans to market several versions of Vista but will distribute all of the OS bits with every product shipped so users can easily unlock and step up to more full-featured versions using electronic keys, sources said. "No matter which edition you buy you get all the bits and a key to unlock it. Everyone will have all the bits," said one source familiar with Microsoft's plans. "Right now we maintain master images for each version of Windows XP and it's a lot of work. Now there's just one master image."

Having a master Windows Vista operating system means customers that buy PCs preloaded with one Vista SKU, Home Basic, for example, will be able to punch their credit card into a Microsoft Web site to unlock Vista Home Premium and more speedily deploy media center features without an on-site visit or requiring a wipe and reload of the system.

Read More/Source: CRN

Found it quite interesting because one small crack and you can get all the 7 versions of Vista in your reach, on the brighter side companies can bundle starter version for vista in general and if need be the users can get a option to upgrade.

yash

I draw every day
that also means that u could go to any cracks site and upgrade your home version to professional for free!!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ya.. the efects i can see right on this beta 2... there are 5 diffrent key... 1st for server... 2nd for starter edition of vista... 3rd for full feature vista... there r other 2 keys... but they r not for me... as MS gave the the 3rd for full otherway there would have been HOme, pro & the media thing...

yash

I draw every day
i guess since its on a dvd it wouldnt have to be "compressed"hence saving some installation time since it wont have to decompress those files like windows xp does-700 mb cd to 3 gb on the hdd

G

gxsaurav

hmm, quite good as well as bad

good for pirates, a simple crack will do

good for MS, as a user ca easily upgrade

Bad for MS, if they don't make a solid Anti-crack algorithem, WGA is working fine so far

kato

Karthiksn
i dont think they will leave it so easy for the crackers i m dead sure they will think of another great(idiotic) way to counter protect it.

@Sourabh
Anyways Sourabh shudnt this be in Latest news section or sumthing

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well kato, there seems to a confusion abt sections now that the software and hardware reviews have been transformed to troubleshooting sections. Latest News mainly deals with news as in news of the type our admin classifies as when 'Adobe buys Macromedia' its news but such software/hardware features, discussions can be continued in Reviews , isnt that the word review actually means ? a look up of something. Hope you get it.

PavanPoghul

Broken In
Relax guys. Microsoft co-president Jim Allchin, the man most directly responsible for Windows Vista and Longhorn Server is denying that all the SKUs will be shipped in the same DVD. :)

*bink.nu/Article6005.bink

G

gxsaurav

there are only 2 ways to get vista

pirate it : don't ask here then

get a subscription to MSDN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom