Microsoft to lock pirates out of Vista PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Windows Vista will have new antipiracy technology that locks people out their PCs if the operating system isn't activated within 30 days after installation.

The new technology is part of Microsoft's new "Software Protection Platform," which the company plans to announce on Wednesday. It will be part of future versions of all Microsoft products...

*news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6122462.html?tag=nl.e550

do u think it will succeed !?!? :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I don't think so!! There are hacks available to bypass activation & other restrictions.
I saw some info on the Net on how to do that also!!! Hackers are more smarter
than M$$$!!!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well the problem now that i forsee is that with the increasing use of internet and the ability to know the details of ur comp once u go online ... it will be very easy for MS to come to know which1s are the cracked versions .... and said by Billy G .... their focus has now shifted from most pcs using windows to pcs using only genuine copies of windows .... and along with drm and all the **** .... we normal users will find it difficult coz none of us are as capable as the crackers who will crack vista .... and hence we wont b able to protect r pcs from MS

rounit

Broken In
this will never happen
in case it happens then vista will b restricted to few people only and this is great loss 2 microsoft

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Enerything can b cracked.
Hackers/Crackers will find a way to bypass internet checking & all other restrictions.
Hackers/Crackers are also Engineers (Reverse Engineers) like Engineers working for M$.

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
anandk said:
Windows Vista will have new antipiracy technology that locks people out their PCs if the operating system isn't activated within 30 days after installation.

The new technology is part of Microsoft's new "Software Protection Platform," which the company plans to announce on Wednesday. It will be part of future versions of all Microsoft products...

Hahahahahah.... another joke form Microsoft....
even their the Genuine Windows Validation was not succeded... rofl..

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
btw, at this year's Black Hat, security researcher Joanna Rutkowska was able to hack the kernel of a 64-bit version of Vista running on an AMD processor. Rutkowska explained how it is possible to use virtualization technology to make malicious code undetectable, in the same way a rootkit does. She code-named this malicious software Blue Pill.

*news.com.com/Vista+hacked+at+Black+Hat/2100-7349_3-6102458.html

this can-n-mouse game will continue....but things may not be SO easy now...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Vista is made by humans and so crack will also be made. No doubt it. Suppose we assume that it is uncrackable, then Vista will loose its market and make a freeway for Linux. There is no way that people will pay such a hefty amount and install it. They would rather go for Linux.

I am sure that Microsoft knows it...so they will make it crackable!!

kirtan

Journeyman
No way stopping the hackers.They are always a step ahead in their pursuits.If MS is successful in it's objective then it is very good.ALL THE BEST MICROSOFT

KMKM

Right off the assembly line
Hmm... thats nice. many such things also came up when XP was being released I guess. Ok! I agree this will stop the pirates but for how long? I dont mind a Vista after 1 month for free :p
Cracking is inevitable! but good to see Microsoft taking some steps to stop it especially in the Indian Sub-Continent where the pirated versions just flood the area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom