Microsoft threatening Linux using BIG CORPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Microsoft threatening Linux using corporations secretly!

Microsoft Getting Paid for Patents in Linux?

Interview with Jeremy Allison where the interviewer asks 'One of the persistent rumors that's going around is that certain large IT customers have already been paying Microsoft for patent licensing to cover their use of Linux, Samba and other free software projects.' and Jeremy responds "Yes, that's true, actually. I mean I have had people come up to me and essentially off the record admit that they had been threatened by Microsoft and had got patent cross license and had essentially taken out a license for Microsoft patents on the free software that they were using [...] But they're not telling anyone about it. They're completely doing it off the record."
*www.itworldcanada.com/a/Daily-News/c11627ed-d99b-49d2-983d-d22856181888.html

*linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/02/11/1443211.shtml
FUDing the competitiors out of the business asking for patents even will patent ur head next for an M$ implant :mad::mad::mad:
Software patents are non existent-who will listen:-?
millions of newbie PC users brain-washed to think that Windows and PC are the same will add fuel on the fire :( :/ .they will defend to the max what they have learned using windows

Last edited:
OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
M$ is devi! its users....try to understand M$ better

yup.GPL 3 is the answer!I think all non-m$ companies should unite even apple too to fight this company out of threatening,bullying business(FUD) FUDing and SCOing needs to be stopped.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]Every time I think of Microsoft and the harm they are causing the end user, and the consumer, it just irritates me beyond belief. Nothing they do benefits the consumer, NOTHING. And yet, the government applauds them for their fine efforts at being completely monopolistic in our modern day capitalistic society and eula fed users and fanboys :(

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
Weather alert: new Microsoft FUD storm expected
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Feb. 06, 2007 —[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]In recent weeks, Microsoft seems to have gone out of its way to put Linux down, while boosting Linux. First, there was the bribetop scandal; then, the Wikipedia 'correction' affair. Now, the company is up to one of its oldest tricks: playing games with analyst reports.[/FONT]
read more:
*www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6523327817.html

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Why is MS feeling so paranoid? It seems it spends more time in threatening, patenting etc than doing creative work these days! Long Live Opensource!

OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
United States v. Microsoft

The plaintiffs alleged that Microsoft abused monopoly power in its handling of operating system sales and web browser sales.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
hmm.....bad bad MS, no donut for u

but comon, patenting softwares is nonsence anyway, i mean, it's a software, an Idea which sometimes is so obvious it comes to many people.

Just think if Nullsoft would have patented "a codec system to decode audio streams contained in a file" :D lolz....no WMP out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom