Microsoft revokes MVP Status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft revokes 'Adware' Distributors MVP Status.

Last week, Microsoft named Cyril Paciullo, the creator of Messenger Plus and Messenger Plus Live, to its list of MVPs.

Microsoft today issued the following statement: "Cyril Paciullo was awarded with MVP status this year on the basis of his technical expertise and strong community contribution. However, his active MVP Award status was revoked as soon as the extent of the connection between his application and spyware was made apparent to the MVP Program."

*www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=25578

king007

In the zone
Thats bad, Cyril Paciullo(Patchou) is definitely a valuable professional, creator of Messenger plus.

Just because other MVP's complained his status of MVP was revoked, bad.... :(

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I was really surprised when he was awarded the prize. He created such controversy some time back and suddenly he's got the prize .. I stopped using Msgplus after Lop.com issue .. Does it still contain Lop ..?

king007

In the zone
^^^ Exactly, its an optional thing in its later versions. If u want u can choose not to install the adware and still run Msgplus...

Either they should have not awarded MVP status to him (But I feel he deserved it) or once awarded his status should NOT have been revoked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom