Microsoft office 2003 Help !!!!! ( VISIO 2003 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun_ag

Broken In
I am doing some project work using the Microsoft office 2003 in my college. I basically use Visio 2003.
I formatted my system last week. But when I try to install Visio from CD, it say that a file called 'D5614A01.CAB' is corrupt or missing. I opened it using winrar, extracted it , tested the cab and found it ok. But still the visio refuse to install. The
Please can someone help me to sort out the problem. The file is only 820 Kb in size. I have tested the CAB file many times , it seems to me perfect. Please help!!!!!!
Can someone send me the file to my mail id. It would be a great help to me. Thanks in advance.
My e-mail id is acomputer_engg@rediffmail.com

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Copy the file to disk, remove Hidden attribute if enabled, then when setup prompts you for the file, point to the location where you've copied the file.

OP
V

varun_ag

Broken In
I have tried that also. I have copied the whole cd to hard disk, tested all cabs using winrar, but still the setup says that the file is corrupted.
I really cannot understand why it is saying so ??
Please help.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Truly weird, why dont you try copying the entire Visio 2003 setup to the hard disk, removing all their hidden and system attributes, and then running the setup from the hard disk instead of the CDROM? Anyway, I've uploaded my version of the CAB file here

*rapidshare.de/files/755013/D5614A01.CAB.html

I've tested it and it seems to be working, see if the same error crops up with this file too and post back here.

OP
V

varun_ag

Broken In
Thanks for the file. The file worked ,but now its another 2 files creating havoc 'K5614B01.CAB' and 'P5614E01.CAB' . It seems that the cd has been corrupted badly. But I have checked that these are the only culprit now.
Its now your choice to send these or not. I assure u that I would not demand any more file. Please help.
Anyway thanks for the file. This forum is really nice place.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You're right, the CD is badly corrupted. Anyway, I have uploaded the files here:

K5614B01.CAB:
*rapidshare.de/files/761951/K5614B01.CAB.html

P5614E01.CAB:
*rapidshare.de/files/761960/P5614E01.CAB.html

Anyway, download ISOBuster from here:
*www.smart-projects.net/isobusterdownload.htm

and run it and check the CD and try to extract the files and recover them. No guarantees that it will do a perfect job, but its an option we can definitely try. And dont go around worry about demanding files. I can upload the files as long as they're not huge, like over 20MB or something. And welcome to the forums.

OP
V

varun_ag

Broken In
Thanks very much . Its working now
You are truely a nice person and this forum is best in the world.
Thnx once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom