Microsoft Office 12 will be Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
Thanks to Steven Bink for this news update on Office 12.

Well I saw Office 12 demo's at IT Forum where the apps were named Office 2007, also as mentioned earlier on Bink.nu, the name change of all office apps now have the name Office in them. So "Microsoft Office Word" and not "Microsoft Word"

Now with Office Online Beta the name Office 2007 appears again, so we can expect to launch as Office 2007.

I also saw Exchange 12 as Exchange 2007, this might change to Exchange 2008 cause it will be released in Q1 2007. On the other hand marketing would like to see the names in sync. Nice detail is that the binaries for Exchange 12 are 8.0 while Exchange 2003 are 6.5.
7.0 had codename Kodiak and was cancelled.
Source:*neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=32161
so do you get the news???.....yawn till 2007.....

Tech&ME

Banned
Yes Microsoft adopted the naming convention for its Softwares with the preceding year of release, instead of the traditional method of naming as Windows first version was "Windows 1.0" and Window 2.0" and "Windows 3.0" and "Windows 3.1" and so on., long ago when it released "Windows 95" and "Office 97"

It is worth mentioning here that still Office 2003 is 11 and Office XP is 10 and so on, so, if Office 12 were to be called Office 2007 no surprise there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom