Microsoft may buy Facebook completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

Banned
Microsoft, just a few days removed from walking away from its Yahoo bid, is reportedly sniffing around Facebook.

According to Kara Swisher, Microsoft’s bankers contacted Facebook to see if Mark Zuckerberg and company would be interested in selling the company. The Wall Street Journal also reported the same thing, partially citing Swisher. There are no active talks.

Who knows if Facebook would sell to Microsoft, but it’s pretty clear that the software giant wants scale and has about $45 billion or so burning a hole in its pocket.......

Source

M.S. is already a $240 USD shareholder in Facebook

yummmy!!!!!

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
There has been many attempts by different companies to take over facebook but failed. This is because of the strong resistance by it's owner.

Actually he had written sometime back about he not wanting to move offices of facebook to big cities and decide to stay to it's humble origins of startup from a small city. Hence declining big offers from big companies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
when MS bought a majority stake in FB as mentioned by slugger there were talks that eventually MS may make such a move, though i personally the timing is not right, after a failed yahoo bid, this should have waited

kumarmohit

Technomancer
nah orkut is no where in comparison to facebook.
facebook is a global phenomena. orkut is limit in its popularity to brazil, india and some other countries.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Microsoft + Facebook

As someone once blogged before "Two turkeys in a bag don't make an Eagle." (Was that from a blog or someones speech I forgot the Source sorry :( I believe it was about Microsoft trying to acquire Yahoo. )

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
lol face book is now done for....

i already hate it a lot... damn those idiots want our cellphone numbers also...!!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
when MS bought a majority stake in FB as mentioned by slugger there were talks that eventually MS may make such a move, though i personally the timing is not right, after a failed yahoo bid, this should have waited

Didn't know 15% was considered a majority stake these days.

OP
slugger

slugger

Banned
who cares if chirkut is simpler or not

save a few Indians, a couple of somali's, and a handful of afghan refugees nobody uses chirkut

Facebook is the most popular social networking community on earth - orkut does not even come close to it

M.S. may or may not end up buying Facebok, but it makes great business sese to add the top ranking social networking site to its portfolio

If the deal does go through then M.S. will have a captive audience of more than 60 million people - a serious number by any imagination, besides the registered user to its other services and sws

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
I personally dont like either facebook or orkut as both are for time waste..
facebook is made messy with loads of apps.. this is going to be future of orkut too ;)

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
no , no , no .. facebook - dont you sell off. MS will making it only usable to ie and cr4p like that ... c'mon , be strong mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom