Microsoft and Adobe to Offer Online Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
And you thought they will not go the google way ? lol

Source

Microsoft has announced new additions to its software and services strategy, including Microsoft Office Live Workspace, a new web-based feature of Microsoft Office that lets people access their documents online and share their work with others.

The new strategy departs from the company's current model of selling licences for software that runs locally on computers, and takes it a little closer to competitor Google which offers online versions of its productivity applications suite Docs, which includes spreadsheet, word processor and presentation software.

Meanwhile, another competitor, Adobe, has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Virtual Ubiquity and its online word processor, Buzzword.

The announcements by Adobe and Microsoft signal the online office productivity market is heating up. IBM announced last month its Lotus Symphony productivity software, which boasted 100,000 downloads in its first week of availability. The software is based on open-source office productivity software from OpenOffice.org, and is available as software running on the desktop only.

JharuPochaBai

Curvaceous Cutie
It will suck, and will be the next big joke around. Of course, Ms and Adobe will demand that clients have 8Mbps lines and computers with more ram than Steve jobs has ego..........heh.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Nice move by ms after bhatia's online live office announcement...

Should wait and see how things go from here.but i prefer the system one..

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Buzzword is flash based , so mainly for those with high speed connections. Zoho works well on data cards as well

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ms online office has been in the making for a long time now .... office.live.com

goobimama

 Macboy
If only I had some high speed internet. I would have lived in the online office space. It's so convenient...

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
JharuPochaBai said:
It will suck, and will be the next big joke around. Of course, Ms and Adobe will demand that clients have 8Mbps lines and computers with more ram than Steve jobs has ego..........heh.

that's right

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
MAY BE I M HAVIN A FALSE MEMEORY but i recall that at least 5-6 years ago i saw on news some similar kind of technology where two or more users can create n modify the same DOCUMENTS online....i m not sure abt this memory though.

I am not trolling, but I feel that there is no point in using online office for most of us normal people. Only companies working on big projects need them. Sharing can be done with email/upload anyway.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
MetalheadGautham said:
.... I feel that there is no point in using online office for most of us normal people.
I'd like to add something: I feel that there is no point in using online office for most of us in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom