Microsoft already works on Internet Explorer 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
*img337.imageshack.us/img337/8418/ieqa2.jpg

Microsoft plans to release the first beta of the next version of Internet Explorer in the first half of 2008, and said that IE 8 has passed a key Web standards test that ensures the browser won’t “break” the Web. IE8 has passed the “Acid2 Browser Test” from the Web Standards Project, which shows whether a browser renders a Web site in a certain way. If the browser renders the site correctly, it means the browser supports certain accepted Web standards. Microsoft developed IE before some Web standards such as CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and RSS (Really Simple Syndication) were developed, and so older versions don’t support some current standards. With the release and subsequent popularity of open-source browser Mozilla Firefox three years ago, a browser’s need to stay current with Web standards once again moved to the forefront.

When Microsoft developed IE7, released in October 2006, the company had good intentions and decided to improved support of Web standards with the new release. However, Web sites that were created for older versions of IE didn’t work properly on IE7. Microsoft hopes to remedy this problem so the situation is not repeated with IE8, according to an IE Blog posting attributed to Dean Hachamovitch, a Microsoft general manager on the IE team. “With respect to standards and interoperability, our goal in developing Internet Explorer 8 is to support the right set of standards with excellent implementations and do so without breaking the existing Web,” according to the blog posting. Microsoft said the final release of IE8 depends upon feedback received from the beta process.

Source

I guess it will be best of both worlds. Ya, its a tough task for Microsoft coz for a very long time developers had put lot of effort in designing sites specially customized for IE. So if new IE suddenly breaks them, it'll have quiet hard time gaining popularity. I think it would be best if they stick to the standards but continue supporting features that are proprietary for them. This blend will work fine, i suppose. I am eagerly waiting for it, i like IE a little, and with maxthon, it rocks, for me :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
xbonez said:
but most probably its gonna take some time
Not long. Microsoft say First quarter next year. Been reading some articles and people are praising IE 8. Now with FX 3 also coming up soon, should be an interesting battle.

B

bigdaddy486

Microsoft plans to release the first beta of the next version of Internet Explorer in the first half of 2008, and said that IE 8 has passed a key Web standards test that ensures the browser won’t “break” the Web. IE8 has passed the “Acid2 Browser Test” from the Web Standards Project, which shows whether a browser renders a Web site in a certain way. If the browser renders the site correctly, it means the browser supports certain accepted Web standards. Microsoft developed IE before some Web standards such as CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and RSS (Really Simple Syndication) were developed, and so older versions don’t support some current standards. With the release and subsequent popularity of open-source browser Mozilla Firefox three years ago, a browser’s need to stay current with Web standards once again moved to the forefront. When Microsoft developed IE7, released in October 2006, the company had good intentions and decided to improved support of Web standards with the new release. However, Web sites that were created for older versions of IE didn’t work properly on IE7. Microsoft hopes to remedy this problem so the situation is not repeated with IE8, according to an IE Blog posting attributed to Dean Hachamovitch, a Microsoft general manager on the IE team. “With respect to standards and interoperability, our goal in developing Internet Explorer 8 is to support the right set of standards with excellent implementations and do so without breaking the existing Web,” according to the blog posting. Microsoft said the final release of IE8 depends upon feedback received from the beta process.
Source : PC World

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
IE 8 vs FF 3 vs Opera 9.5.Three major releases of three major browsers heading our way.Great.!!:p

B

bigdaddy486

And on what gr8 comparision is your "thinking" justified?
We have not yet even seen a Pre-Beta or Alpha version of IE8, and still FF3 wins? Without seeing what the competition offers?

Cool, Super cool!

I said that bcz as far as i know, IE is the most worst web browser and firefox is the best. And more support if for FF Than for IE as eveybody uses it.........

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ How do you know? Steve Balmer is said to have a Mac in his closet which he secretly admires after locking his office down and guards posted outside.

M$ employees must be using Firefox all the time! That might even explain the lack of IE development :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom