Microsoft admits: we still haven't fixed Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Some Hotmail customers are still unable to log in, Microsoft admits, despite previously claiming that the problem was fixed

Microsoft has admitted that it still has not fixed the problem which has left tens of millions of Hotmail users unable to access their e-mail accounts over the past two days.

Access to all of Microsoft's web-based communication tools - including Hotmail and instant messaging accounts - has been intermittently blocked across the globe since about midday GMT on Tuesday.
The company previously said that it had resolved the problem and that access to Hotmail had been restored, but today Times Online has continued to receive comments from users in Europe and North America saying that their accounts were frozen.

In a statement this afternoon, Microsoft said: "We are aware that some customers may be experiencing difficulty accessing their Windows Live accounts. We’re actively investigating the cause and are working to take the appropriate steps to remedy the situation as rapidly as possible."

More..

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
I haven't been able to access one of my hotmail accounts for the last 4 days! 2 of them went down for 1 whole day.. but now they are working.. but 1 is still not..

V

vaibhavtek

Who the hell like hotmail I love yahoo or Gmail..!!

Hotmail just sucks :-x

So finally, M$ agreed that they cannot beat Google and Yahoo...!!!

Voldy

The Dark lord
Finally they admitted it
Iam too suffered frm that prob and cant accesed my account .
but G-mail is farmore better than Hotmail and yahoo

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had created a Hotmail account and it has been a long time since I opened it.....
Gmail is the way to go....

narangz

Web developer
Offtopic:
@iMav-Congrats for reaching the 5000 posts milestone. LOL at your signature :D
"5k posts of pwning penguins and apples" :D

din

Tribal Boy
@iMav

Please be honest, and please tell why you like Hotmail, like whats better in that compared to Gmail. Would love to hear.

I use hotmail (using live desktop client) only for emails that people send by mistake (thinking my msn chat id is my email !), but even with the desktop client, I find it very difficult, slow, resource hungry.

And the web interface, I think Gmail is the best.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
^^ Asking for honest replies as to why they like their idol company from fanboys like iMav is a bit too much, don't you think.? ;-)
"5k posts of pwning penguins and apples"
Like hell.Post #12 is just spam.! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I use only Gmail for my mails as configuring a Gmail account is Thunderbird is way too easy.!Just enter e-mail id password and you are done.No need to enter smtp server etc.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@iMav

Please be honest, and please tell why you like Hotmail, like whats better in that compared to Gmail. Would love to hear.

I use hotmail (using live desktop client) only for emails that people send by mistake (thinking my msn chat id is my email !), but even with the desktop client, I find it very difficult, slow, resource hungry.

And the web interface, I think Gmail is the best.
not comparing to gmail, i use both gmail & hotmail, but to answer ur question - as to why i like hotmail :)

1. it was my first email account since i can remmeber accessing the internet for the first time
2. its tight integration with other Live services, 1 account to access all MS services
3. integration within windows & now that i am using office live too i can simply drag & drop documents into the ftp folder after setting up my passport account in xp & vista :)
4. unlike yahoo, i dont foresee a take-over bid for MS

though gmail is faster than hotmail because of its simpler, no frills design but for the above reasons i use and will keep on using my homtail account, the increase in space and web 2.0 interface features etc. are just change with times so i am not listing them as reasons as to why i prefer using hotmail

^^ Asking for honest replies as to why they like their idol company from fanboys like iMav is a bit too much, don't you think.? ;-)

Like hell.Post #12 is just spam.! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I use only Gmail for my mails as configuring a Gmail account is Thunderbird is way too easy.!Just enter e-mail id password and you are done.No need to enter smtp server etc.
this post of urs is no different :), avoid trolling and provoking others please :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
What I like about Windows Live Mail is MAPI. All the mails I have are on the server, however if I use a desktop client like Windows Live Mail desktop or Outlook 2007 then all the mails are in my computer as well as the server. The benefit is that not only I can access the mails offline in my computer, but I can access the same mails when I m away from my computer even from my mobile phone....

Other then this, there WIndows live services, I am just tooo fond of Windows Live Spaces & Skydrive. I agree that Windows Live Messenger sux cos I hardly have friends on it, but for those who use it a lot, it is good.

beat that gmail....If I use GMail, then once I download mails to my computer in Outlook 2007, they are removed from the web account.

I don't get SPAM so that is not a problem.

Yahoo is for chatting :D

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
What I like about Windows Live Mail is MAPI. All the mails I have are on the server, however if I use a desktop client like Windows Live Mail desktop or Outlook 2007 then all the mails are in my computer as well as the server. The benefit is that not only I can access the mails offline in my computer, but I can access the same mails when I m away from my computer even from my mobile phone....

Is this something great to boast about? every single well known email service has this feature!

beat that gmail....If I use GMail, then once I download mails to my computer in Outlook 2007, they are removed from the web account.

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gifIgnorance at it's best!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

@gx, this is exactly what happens when you are lost in the Microsoft World, you end up thinking that only what they make is technology and they are everything what computers are and everything else is crap!! I would assume, this is just like one of your several blunders, for example, this one which you happily avoided!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@everyone, please feel free to discuss all you want, but please no name calling, provoking etc. Please keep this discussion healthy and clean :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom