Messed up while partitioning!Pls help.

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by harpoon, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harpoon

harpoon New Member

I had four partitions on my hard drive namely C,D ,E & F.CDROM IS G and DVD ROM is H.Recently,while uninstalling SuSe Linux I messed up with the partitions.Now I have accidentally created F( with less space than the original) and another partition "I".
    I have bootIT NG partition resixer but can't handle it.Will somebody please help me to delete the partition I and restore the original size (4.87 GB) on F. My HDD is 20 Gb.

2. oldmonk

oldmonk New Member

harpoon post your partition scheme as you see after the suse disk partioner starts.

For this just boot the install disk, and come till the stage where you have to select custom disk parttioning.

Write here what you see in /dev/hda
    Write in the same order. Then once we see that its easy to restore your partiions.

3. fire

fire New Member

buddy if ur using WindowsXP. then ur prob is almost solved. Right click MY COMPUTER icon, click manage. A management console will pop up. navigate to storage>disk management. right click on the drive, u want to edit n choose the option depending on ur requirement.

4. GNUrag

GNUrag FooBar Guy

Or pop in a Knoppix CD and start QTparted ... it is a gui partition resizing tool... If you are comfortable with command line then use # cfdisk ... cfdisk is much better and recommended by me than fdisk and sfdisk ....

You need to delete your unwanted partitions and create a single disk with the free space...

5. theraven

theraven Active Member

u can also use partition magic to fix it
    tho windows xp's disk management is pretty good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.