Messed up while partitioning!Pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
I had four partitions on my hard drive namely C,D ,E & F.CDROM IS G and DVD ROM is H.Recently,while uninstalling SuSe Linux I messed up with the partitions.Now I have accidentally created F( with less space than the original) and another partition "I".
I have bootIT NG partition resixer but can't handle it.Will somebody please help me to delete the partition I and restore the original size (4.87 GB) on F. My HDD is 20 Gb.

oldmonk

Broken In
harpoon post your partition scheme as you see after the suse disk partioner starts.

For this just boot the install disk, and come till the stage where you have to select custom disk parttioning.

Write here what you see in /dev/hda
Write in the same order. Then once we see that its easy to restore your partiions.

fire

Broken In
buddy if ur using WindowsXP. then ur prob is almost solved. Right click MY COMPUTER icon, click manage. A management console will pop up. navigate to storage>disk management. right click on the drive, u want to edit n choose the option depending on ur requirement.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Or pop in a Knoppix CD and start QTparted ... it is a gui partition resizing tool... If you are comfortable with command line then use # cfdisk ... cfdisk is much better and recommended by me than fdisk and sfdisk ....

You need to delete your unwanted partitions and create a single disk with the free space...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom