Message problem in N6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Dear Friends,
Can anyone tell me why the following error message comes in my Nokia 6600 :?:
Code:
No enough memory to receive new sim messages. Please delete some data first.
Iam not able to receive or send any messages. I have deleted all messages from inbox, drafts and sent items. I have 44MB left in MMC and 4Mb left in phone :D . So why this error comes? Please help me :?:

Tech&ME

Banned
@alanpaladka new sim messages

What sim messages you want received ?

If you are talking about SMS, check you service center no. and see if it is configured correctly on your phone.

If it still doesn't work, call your operator (service provider, like Airtel or Hutch) as the case may be, and tell them to re-set your sim. They will do it (it will take about 1 or 2 hours to do this at their end) or simply explain them your problem.

OP
A

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Tech&ME said:
If you are talking about SMS, check you service center no. and see if it is configured correctly on your phone.
Yes. I am talking about SMS. They are text messages.
Whenever anyone send sms to my number, I get that error message. Can you please tell me what might be the problem. Is it phone or sim problem :?: I have configured service center number correctly. But Iam also not able to send messages. I don't think about memory because my phone alredy have 47MB free memory and I have set to store messages in MMC.

pradipudhaya

Broken In
Move the message memory to the memory card by going to Messaging--Settings--Other-- Memory in use to memory card. Do not backup the messages on the phone
Install file explorer on ur phone by going to *www.gosymbian.com/fexplorer_new.php
Open file explorer and go to E:\System\ delete the Mail folder in the memory card and restart the phone.
Try sending messages and let us know the result :D

thrash_metal

In the zone
hey even i get the same error but as soon as i delete all the other messages i can recieve and send messages again - i have my sms's on my memory card with 64mb capacity and about 20mb is free on it . maybe you could set max number of messages kept to say 100 to avoid future hold ups .

leme know what happens

thrash_metal

In the zone
hey even i get the same error but as soon as i delete all the other messages i can recieve and send messages again - i have my sms's on my memory card with 64mb capacity and about 20mb is free on it . maybe you could set max number of messages kept to say 100 to avoid future hold ups .

leme know what happens

Tech&ME

Banned
alanpaladka said:
Tech&ME said:
Yes. I am talking about SMS. They are text messages.
Whenever anyone send sms to my number, I get that error message. Can you please tell me what might be the problem. Is it phone or sim problem :?: I have configured service center number correctly. But Iam also not able to send messages. I don't think about memory because my phone alredy have 47MB free memory and I have set to store messages in MMC.

Look I don't think the problem is with your Phone. It looks like the problem is with your sim settings. What you can do is call your customer service and tell them that you cannot send and receive msg on your cell. (better visit the customer care centre yourself with the cell).

Now, ask them to RESET the sim for you. This is something they will have to do at there SERVER end, what they will do is, they will remove the PCB from there housing and re-insert in after a sort delay. This will re-set your account with them. (The procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and depends from service provider to service provider) . And remember once you make this request switch off your phone for about 2 hours or so (do as adviced by them).

If by doing this , your problem presist, then it may be possible that you might have DISABLED or barred Msg services on your phone, see the setting on your phone to varify this. This can happen accidently on N6600 when you are tinkering with the device.

OP
A

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Dear Friends,
I have tried to move messages from phone memory to mmc. I have also deleted the subfolders and files in the mail folder of both phone and MMC. But no use. My sim was working fine with other handset(N3120). I also inserted a SIM of my friend to my phone. But then also the same error was coming. But....But....But now problem is solved. It's due to a Virus. I just formatted the phone. Now its working very fine.
Now mobiles are also not safe :cry: .Their situation is like Windows :lol: .
Thanks to you all for replying :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom