[Merged]Songbird 0.1 Preview beta(Open-Source Media Player)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
Songbird 0.1 Preview beta(Open-Source Media Player..) I

Songbird is a Web player built from Firefox's browser engine. It is open source and will run on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It supports user contributed, cross-platform extensions. Play any MP3 on the Web without leaving the page. It can view Web pages as dynamic playlists that it can play, save, or automatically download every day. It plays your music too. It has all the features you expect in a desktop media player.
WebPage:*www.songbirdnest.com/
Download:*fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1139446766/1/Songbird_0_1_0.exe

G

gxsaurav

tried it, the UI is just like iTunes or Yahoo music engine, but not good enough on features

radio feature is good, but since i don't use that, winamp rox

kato

Karthiksn
LegendKiller said:
Does anybody know,if we can play indian radio stations like radio-city and all with shoutcast..
I dont think so that works saw many ppl asking here but it doesnt happen also searched for it but i guess its not possible

eddie

El mooooo
I posted it a few days as well, but didn't get noticed. I am happy that people are giving Songbird its due notice. If it keeps going the way it advertises, it will be an excellent thing :)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
SongBird....Could Kill ITunes.... !!

Songbird - The Music/Web Player

Songbird is a new web player that soon will be coming out of the woodwork. It looks good. I managed to download the proof of concept from their site.

The download isn’t fully functional at this time, but it has given a good idea of what tune the Songbird is singing.

Songbird was built from Mozilla’s popular open source (that means free to use and modify) web browser, Firefox. It will run on Windows, Mac OS X and even Linux.

Because Songbird is open source, it has some added features that are different than the popular players seen today.

Features
Well, let’s get started. I downloaded a copy of the concept and found it looked a little like the iTunes player from Apple.

Songbird quickly scanned my computer and found all my music files quickly. It plays your music and does exactly what you would expect from a music player. But…

There is more. Songbird allows you to surf the web right in the music player. It also allows you to play music or radio directly from the webpage by finding music files on that website.

When you visit a webpage that contains music or radio files that you can play you will see a window at the bottom naming the title(s) you can play. I began playing an internet radio station directly from the web.

I could do that without opening windows or pressing buttons on the website itself. I thought that was pretty neat.

The bar on the left displays all of your popular audio and website material in one place like, podcasts, radio, music stores, library and so on. You navigate from these to choose what you will listen to.

Here are some other features:
Songbird plays anything.
Choose different skins
Play, Pause, Repeat, Volume, Shuffle, etc.
Surf the web right in Songbird
Play audio files from web pages
Build and play mixes
Mini Player Mode (saves space on your screen)
Rip and Burn CDs
That’s not all. You can check out the full list of features from the Songbird website.

What Makes Songbird So Powerful?
Songbird is an Open Source project. That means that anybody can create modifications to the software.

These are called extensions. Normally, a media player will come from a company and you cannot change anything. You are forced to stick with the design set out by the player.

Not here. Now imagine that you download the software and now can visit the Songbird website to download extensions to modify the music player so that it can best suit your needs.

Or if you know how you could even create your own modification for Songbird yourself.

That is exactly what Songbird will deliver.

Look for Songbird to take off when it is officially released. Expect big things. The fact that the music player is customizable is what makes it so powerful.

SOURCE>>
For Features and download .. *www.songbirdnest.com/features
*www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/5268/

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
i remember you saying the same stuff when kill_deep_singh wrote a topic in Q&A...
And i commented on it...
i think you have a habit of jumping the gun too soon and over-react...the only thing i wanted to let you know is that i have posted the same topic.. b4...
plz keep it simple the next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom