[Merged] Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
Official IE 7 beta 2 preview!

Here is the link to microsoft's website...
Link:Microsoft
This is real,get it from microsoft's site!

G

gxsaurav

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 out now

Microsoft has released the next beta 2 version of Internet explorer 7 for Windows XP & Windows Vista, it will need a genuine windows XP version to even install,

the new Internet explorer provides many new features like tabbed browsing, RSS integration, a more modern rendering engine to get the market back from other such browsers like Firefox & Opera which are now compleately free & giving the Free IE some good compotition

U can download the Beta 2 version, directly from Microsoft, this time it's not the leaked version which came a few days ago, it's the full final official beta 2

U can download it from here

Remember, this requirs a genuine windows XP SP2 installation, & will work only on Windows XP SP2

since this is a beta software, using system restore before installting it extremely adviced

Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and return to Internet
Explorer 6 on Windows XP

# Click “Start,� and then click “Control Panel.�
# Click “Add or Remove Programs.�
# Check “Show Updates� at the top of the dialog box.
# Scroll down the list to “Windows XP – Software Updates,� select “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview,� and then click "Change/Remove."

If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
its already been posted here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...a0&PHPSESSID=80655e6dc63eb65d1741e8dfd3c2d42e

Netjunkie

In the zone
Whoa !!!

Eagerly waiting for the Final release :)

Downloading the Beta right away.

Thanks a lot for the news.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
also posted here,
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37004

lol there are 3 threads for the same topic. mods plz do the needful.

godsownman

Padawan
I have a question .

Is this process reversible as IE is used by my dad for some of his work as its not compatabile on any other browsers.

What I mean is can I roll back to IE 6.0 without any glitches. I dont want to reinstall windows.

In the meanwhile I am searching Microsoft's site also .

Cheers!!

godsownman

Padawan
Ok I found the answer they say its completely reversable.

BTW thanks for the link . It will be good to try and settle with Microsoft once again.

G

gxsaurav

U forgot this thread was posted before them

Anyway, it installed fine, as I have genuine Windows installation, but there are many things I hate it in

*img219.imageshack.us/img219/4115/full28rk.th.jpg

The classic menu of File, Edit is now removed; it is now below the address bar, I wonder, Y MS is changing something which is not broken

The fonts in the webpage are automatically smoothed; with clear type which looks kind of weird on a CRT monitor, but one can live with it, just like the reading pane fonts in Word 2003

right now there is no option to add or remove buttons on the toolbar, like history etc, to access them go to Tool & then select or that star icons at far left of the tabs

The icons of the whole interface are now changed & more Aero like, & one thing for some reason, Windowsblind 4.6 & 5 both do not skin it

Page zooming works fine, u can select the zooming from the bottom right zoom magnification icon, so far no rendering troubles, but the rendering is dam fast then before. Another feature in Firefox which I loved was the text size increment option, by ctrl+scroll wheel of mouse, this works in IE 7 too, just in inverse scrolling way

The integrated search is a welcome addition, it works flawless, by default its MSN search but it can be changed by selecting any other search provider

The new interface will take some time getting used to

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yeah finally the beta went publick... few...

*www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx

download

*download.microsoft.com/download/9/...2fe-f980d7cf3252/IE7B2P-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

planetcall

Indian by heart
I better stick to FF. When a final release of Windows is so buggy how on earth would anyone trust a beta release?
*img57.exs.cx/img57/8852/203010149541a36196c008f0cy.png

G

gxsaurav

ya, firefox 1.5 & it's insane memory usage, live with that

the skinning problem with WindowsBlind is now fixed, after recompiling the skin with skin studio, also so far it's working fine with no crash & even with maxthon

sometimes, it eats a lot of CPU for no reason

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
me written a review of it over here
*www.shwetz-online.in/blog/2006/02/02/ie-7-beta-2-review/

also FF doesnt have an insane memory usage on my comp

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
planetcall said:
I better stick to FF. When a final release of Windows is so buggy how on earth would anyone trust a beta release?
*img57.exs.cx/img57/8852/203010149541a36196c008f0cy.png

Try it before u comment upon the beta2 , and its not the final release so expect some bugs and compatbility issues .
if someone is a ms hater , he will never like it no matter how good the ie7 is . Half of the ppl who use firefox dont even know exactly what are the benifits of using it over other browsers , they use it because it sounds cool "Get firefox !!" .

I dont want to start a flaming debate on browsers , i just want to say that commenting on a software without trying it is not justified , after all nither MS or the FF ppl are paying us to promote them . So its better try them b4 we opine on them , an aware end user will choose the better product irrespective of the brand name and advertising . :)

planetcall

Indian by heart
indeed. But the presumptions are made on the basis of past performance. On the security point Microsoft and InternetExplorer in particular have been very poor. We all know the recent genere of flaws that has affected almost all the Windows Products. So why should anybody presume that this one is not going to be one of them or a career of the genetical disorder that Windows Architecture has ? Firefox may be slow on start and may be consuming memory but it is highly customisable, free, widely supported, OS independent. Maybe there are many more reasons for different users for using it which I am not aware of. Also, a defect in IE impacts the entire Windows due to tight coupling....whereas same is not true with FF.
Practically I am not a Microsoft hater. I do like Gates and adore the policies Billy has adopted towards india. I am very thankful for his efforts to push computer to the masses. But still on the technological point things are not the same.
I agree with your ideology that no one should comment on a software without trying it. But mine was a personal opinion and everyone is free to think their own way.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the main and strongest reason that Windows and IE have flaws is that they are the most WIDELY used. thats is why they are always targetted and ahckers discover loopholes in them. in the future also i dont expect real good security from ms products because they will continue to be the most widely used products. whateva ms does it will always get bypassed. no point in blaming them !! but i love their s/w :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom