Status
Not open for further replies.

samjkd

Broken In
Hai

I recently installed mepis linux on my HD. when I select the mepis linux from grub loader its not booting. when i choose windows from grub it works fine. i am having two HD, segate as hda and samsung as hdb. I have installed mepis linux on hdb which also contains win 2000. I installed grub on the mbr of the hdb. whats the solution

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Which harddisk is your BIOS configured to boot from? hda or hdb? Some older BIOS dont have option for booting from multiple Harddisks... Mine has it :) :)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I hope the boot priority in BIOS is the samsung drive. If yes then continue else tell us whats on the seagate drive ?
Open the /boot/grub/grub.conf file and see where is the entry for linux points to. It should be somthing like this
root (hd1,2)
assuming the partition is correct
also add the partition and hdd values to the kernel path
kernel (hd1,2)/boot/vm....................

i think this should do the trick

OP
S

samjkd

Broken In
Hai

hda contains winxp pro and debian linux

hdb contains win2000 and mepis linux

i can boot in to both HDD coz mu bois supports it

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Having received the Digit DVD, I was enthusiastic about Mepis but it failed me, or rather I failed in that. The supposedly Live CD only boots in bash with Grub prompt!! Despite seeking help, and exploring all the commands possible at this Grub prompt, I failed to proceed. The CD has some help as txt and htm files, but they have just mentioned to see that overclocking is not done and this and that. How can I first explore this as Live CD? If I like that, then only I will replace my Mandrake 10.1 with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom