Memory usage on vista ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajasekharan

Youngling
Hi . . I just wanted to know about the memory usage in vista. . I heard its 560 to 750 depending on total ram installed. Now my question is . . As i use max and maya i want them to take max ram not vista. So can i switch to "classic view" and does it turn off that unwanted 3d effect and glass thing and free up more ram for me to use ?
I would be happy if that brings it to low usage . . .
As i currently have classic looks on my xp .
Ok . . I am on my mobile now . . So just quick update before i sleep:). I upgraded to x2 3600 . 2g ram .xfx 7600 gt. And i upgraded ram not for vista but for my APPS.max and maya requires 2gb . I experience heavy lag with 1gb.

Last edited:

rajaryan_13

Broken In
hey m8 use XP Vista is yet to be released, after it gets released in 2007, a million loophole will occur, MS wud bring out Vista SP1 & 2, then it will be ok....so preferably till then stick to XP :)

OP
rajasekharan

rajasekharan

Youngling
Yes i am sticking with xp . . :) just asked about the memory usage thats all :). I heard it allocates memory dynamically . So wondering if i can use areo with out any problems or still use my "classic " one with considerable memory save for other apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom