memory upgrade for Intel 845GLAD motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree01

Broken In
hai,:)
I have an Intel 845GLAD motherboard,i have 256 MB ram (pc2100 ,266mhz),
I want to upgrade it to 1GB ram.The 266mhz is not avaliable. is it possible to use 333mhz or higher ram on this motherboard ?

does 266mhz ram is available in kerala(in cochin)?:confused:

Thanks
Sree

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
you can use 333Mhz RAM chip.
But it will work at 266Mhz speed only.The higher frequency RAM will underclock automatically to match lower frequency .

OP
sree01

sree01

Broken In
ravi_9793 said:
you can use 333Mhz RAM chip.
But it will work at 266Mhz speed only.The higher frequency RAM will underclock automatically to match lower frequency .

Does it cause any problem to motherboard or performance?
My motherboard FSB is 400MHz.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Thats ur CPU frequency but ur memory only supports only PC 1600 and PC 2100 which is 200 MHz and 266 MHz frequency respectively!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
sree01 said:
Does it cause any problem to motherboard or performance?
My motherboard FSB is 400MHz.
It should not.........but before buying just give a try.
your RAM frequency will underclock to your old RAM frequency.Thus it will work at lower frequency only.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
IMO....

if you can then sell off the 256 mb ram u have , and...

get any 1 GB DDR RAM u can find, be it DDR 400 or lower...

it will work in your pc ...

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
ravi_9793 said:
manufacturer dont matter, but frequency matter.

Nopes...Sidewinder was right.Manufacturer do matter ! As the same manufacturer will probably use same kind of ram chips in its productline it will help to avoid conflict !

When you are mixing RAMs of different frequency it is always advisable to go for the same manufacturer !

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
spitfire said:
Nopes...Sidewinder was right.Manufacturer do matter ! As the same manufacturer will probably use same kind of ram chips in its productline it will help to avoid conflict !

When you are mixing RAMs of different frequency it is always advisable to go for the same manufacturer !
There are some standards..and all companies follow it.So, company doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom