Medibuntu Offline Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Hi Guys...I have just downloaded the Live CD and I want to also download Medibuntu for my PC as I am planning on dual-booting Win XP and Ubuntu 7.04 on a system which does NOT have internet! I went to the Medibuntu website but their method requires installation via the internet.

Is there any way to install these codecs for MP3, WMV, WMA etc offline? Can I just download them and install them like I would codecs for Windows?? Its just that this is the first time I've ever touched Linux and you wouldn't believe what a newbie I am...I don't even know any commands for the CLI...:(

Help please! I want to enable multimedia playback on Ubunty 7.04 on a PC which has no internet!

amitava82

MMO Addict
you can download packages from here *packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/
just find out what r the packages you need..

Possible

Custom User Title
Assuming you've tried it on a system with internet, the medibuntu packages must still be there in your APT cache. Try APTonCD to shift them to a CD and then go ahead and install them on any offline PC or any PC for that matter, you like.

*aptoncd.sourceforge.net/

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Okay...uh, I went to the packages page...and now I dunno what I am supposed to download. There's a huge list of hundreds of different packages!! I just want my DivX videos and MP3's to play with the default KDE media players...

Possible

Custom User Title
Faraaz... Just make a CD out of that Software. Else, simply go to /var/cache/apt and take all the files out into it and port it wherever you want to...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Check apt-offline. Google for it, there's a lot of info on it. Or you can download something like ubuntu ultimate edition or some such unofficial version that has lots of drivers and stuff pre-installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom