Media player is not working, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukaida

In the zone
I am using Win Xp(with SP2 and all latest patch). Till yesterday, the media player was working fine. Then some how it is giving trouble from today(I have not installed any new program during this time). The error message is
" Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there might be a problem with your sound or video device. Try installing an updated device driver." . I am surprised the the same setting which was working fine till yesterday, is not working today. I have uninstalled and re installed the audio and video drivers, media player (from add remove windows component) and even upgraded to media player 10 but with no help. The other players like winamp, Jet Audio etc are playing the same files perfectly (MP3, Dat etc). My configuration is:
P-IV 2.4GHz, Intel 865GBF original mother board, 512 mb ram, cmedia 5.1 soundcard(Techcom) , nvedia Geforce 5200fx(128 MB) video card.

Please Help. :(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
in device manager, remove your audio device and then reboot. windows will reinstall the device on startup. see whether it helps or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom