Media file issue... again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,,

pls let me start with an apology. i know this question might have been asked a lot of times.

I am a complete newbie with computers.

I have the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack (Full) and VLC installed. However, for some reason i am not able to play .rmvb files.

Is there a codec conflict or something?? Pl help me out as this urgent.

Pls note that the same files work perfectly fine on other computers, hence, the files are not corrupt in any way.

When i try playing them i can only hear skipping audio.. no video at all.

Thanx.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
rakesh14021983 said:
Hi everybody,,

pls let me start with an apology. i know this question might have been asked a lot of times.

I am a complete newbie with computers.

I have the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack (Full) and VLC installed. However, for some reason i am not able to play .rmvb files.

Is there a codec conflict or something?? Pl help me out as this urgent.

Pls note that the same files work perfectly fine on other computers, hence, the files are not corrupt in any way.

When i try playing them i can only hear skipping audio.. no video at all.

Thanx.

RMVB is a RealMedia Variable Bitrate file.

REAL ALTERNATIVE

After installing either of these apps, you still need to associate the RMVB file type with the player because it isn't recognized by default. Right-click the file and choose Open from the right-click menu. Choose Select the program from a list and click OK.

Choose RealPlayer or Real Alternative and leave the box checked next to Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
If u r using simple K-Lite codec pack, then try to Use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. It also contains Real and Quicktime alternatives.

47shailesh

Security Exp
how many players u have installed in ur system sometime installing all codecs + filters of KLM also creates issues..
try to uninstall KLM and install KLM mega codec pack..
Remove other unnecessary players or codecs pathes if any in ur sys other than KLM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom