Me wants to buy a 19" to 20" monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I've realised the benefits of an extended desktop and want to plug in a second monitor to my iMac 20". Now when I used the Samsung 740N, I found the colours to be really borked (on a normal PC as well). Tried all kinds of color profiles but it was just too 'vivid'. My Dell works very well with good colour reproduction.

So I want a 20" widescreen monitor with good colour reproduction. Not the best, cause I will test for colour accuracy on the iMac, but it can't be excessively vivid.

I was thinking of the Dell E207WFP (costing 18k) or the 22" model (costing 19k)....

Any ideas? What's the going rate for 20" monitors (the cheap ones as well as the good one)?

slugger

Banned
well if have ur eyes set on a Dell, then IMO, not (m)any monitors 2 give it a run for its money in the given size

but since u asked for a cheap solution then i suggest u take a look @ Viewsoncis VA-series. shud get a 20-inch 4 15K approx, 'cause my friend just bot a 19" VA 1912 4 11K

my friend basically uses it 4 watchin games and playin with muvees (no inversions here)
its got a response time of 5ms and black looks black
Not sseen any ghostin effect on it

BTW IC-CHIP did a monitor shoot-out last month. In the 20-inch category AOC's 203SW got d highest ratings
Listed price: - 21990

slugger

Banned
yup!!! d VX-series wudnt b too bad

its got a reponse time of 2ms

but not so sure abt d price

but just guessin dat if VA cost 11K den VX mite cost around 15k 4 d 19" screen

so d price of a VX 20"-er mite cost 18-19K, which is wat goobimama is gettin 4 d DELL 22"-er

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vx1932wm is Rs. 10050/- + TAX (4% VAT) in Kolkata so its Rs. 10450/- take home price :)

good thing is it will come with DVI cable bundled :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

yes, vx1932wm is one 19" WideScreen LCD... :) how ever, i dont think there any is huge difference between a 20" and 19, yes i would make sense to go for a 22" but againa 22" will consume more power :p

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Today ..one of mine has bought VS -->>19" VA 1912 for 10K (Agra price)

19" is more than sufficient for home purpose.

Last edited:
OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
I just want it to supplement the 20" on the iMac. You know, hang documents, palettes and such in there... I think 19" should be fine. 10-11k seems just about right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom