I have just completed first year of my engineering
So i want a little help from you all
If any one can explain me hw to start about mcse
please assume i know nothing about it
what are you supposed to know before starting to prepare for it etc etc

i wil be thankful to anyone who can do that

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
Well i can suggest you to go the place where u planning to learn they will guide you what u really need to learn...

bukaida

In the zone
There are various certification under MCSE. First select which one u want to persue.Google it with MCSE+Tutorial or MCSE+Syllebus and u will get all the informations.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I too, am planning on doing a MCSE certification.
try this link from Microsoft itself for more information:
*www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.mspx
It has lots more information than on any other sites and addresses of local study centres also.

cheerz

OP
T

tukaibatman

just tell me what are te initial requirements as I want a self study
foe eg are we supposed to know C/C++
or are we supposed to know windows programming etc etc

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
tukaibatman said:
just tell me what are te initial requirements as I want a self study
foe eg are we supposed to know C/C++
or are we supposed to know windows programming etc etc

Nope!! You don't need to know anything about programming, but knowing about computer networks is an added advantage. I have completed my MCSA. IM for more details, will be glad to help you out.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I am an MCSE. I just go to a good training centre and learn it. U really need a lot of time to learn this, if u consider this seriosly. If u just want a certificate, u need not know anything, only some memory needed. If u plan ur career seriously, then go for MCSE in Windows Server 2003. Trust me it is a bit Hard. U cannot study it parttime. U need to dedicate a lot of time for that.

There are many self study guides availabe. The one from Microsoft Press itself is the best. The requirement is U should know how to use Windows XP properly and in a faster way. U also need to know some basic of Networking, but this can easily achieved, if U study the Microsoft books.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Sreekanth V said:
I am an MCSE. I just go to a good training centre and learn it. U really need a lot of time to learn this, if u consider this seriosly. If u just want a certificate, u need not know anything, only some memory needed. If u plan ur career seriously, then go for MCSE in Windows Server 2003. Trust me it is a bit Hard. U cannot study it parttime. U need to dedicate a lot of time for that.

There are many self study guides availabe. The one from Microsoft Press itself is the best. The requirement is U should know how to use Windows XP properly and in a faster way. U also need to know some basic of Networking, but this can easily achieved, if U study the Microsoft books.

Absolutely right!! here an mcse to... :)

Well you can select a very gud institute of ur choice after through enquiry and then opt for one. No institute in the world will teach you a's and b's of mcse or any course.. U need to get those ref books and start dedicating max of ur time and thts the best and ONLY way according to me..

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I wanna get MCP too. And after reading lots of stuffs from microsoft.com - I had planned for going for MCDST. Cause i think as im using winXp for few years now. I will catch up the subject very well and would be easy/quick for me to understand it also. As im undergraduate at present I don't mind the certification and serious learning also, since i still don't know what path to choose for my future. Im sure once i completed my graduation and with the certifications - jobs will follow and i will be able to find the path.

Regarding books - I have seen the info on these microsoft books. But from where i can get these books. Do i have to buy them online ?

SreeKanth V - I want the certifications, but im serious about all this also. I wanted to do the MCDST 1st, as its sounds/looks easy(though i know its not easy at all) then i want to go for MCSE, as my knowledge for winxp and a lil knowledge for networking will help. Or just go for MCSE directly?

As some of you here said its hard and yes i agreed on that. So won't it be easy if i try MCDST 1st and the MCSE ? So where to go from here ??? Get the books - from where ?

I will be free from 15-20th of August, so that i can dedicate my full time on doing this certifications stuff. So who wants me to bother them about all this ?? phreakOutt ?? or Sreekanth V ?? or __Virus__ ?? ;) Maybe someone can lend me some books + ideas/suggestions on passing these certifications courses :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom