Mcafee installation problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nilay

Broken In
HI guys, i've got weird problem on my PC. I had Mcafee Security centre. But i was slowing down my PC. So I unistalled mcafee and installed Avast!. But i didn't like it; I decided to install Mcafee again. I uninstalled avast. When i tried to reinstall again it just stops at the beginning of the installation. and never goes on. I'm attaching the image of the installation. It necver goes beyond that screen. Pls. help.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Try downloading the latest version and then install it.

BTW One suggession why dont you give Kaspersky Internet Security a try?

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Did u restart ur PC after uninstalling Avast??Two anti-viruses running in same PC give you a extremely slow PC at best.

anandk

Distinguished Member
i have not seen yr images. so speaking generally.

uninstall avast in safe mode if u have a problem / use McAfee Uninstall Tool to uninstall McAfee completely. get it from mcafee site. after both have been uninstlld, use reg cleaner like ccleaner. then try to instl what u want to install.

OP
T

The Nilay

Broken In
yeah i reboot my PC after uninstallation of avast. But same problem still persists.

i used ccleaner to clean my registry. but i'm still not able to install it.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
as anand said, it most likely looks like a bad uninstall of either of the two AVs. download the mcafee uninstaller and then try again. also goto the registry editor and delete any reference to mcafee and/or avast before installing again.

oftopic: just 1 dialog box in the bmp file.... takes up 1.4mb and when compressed in .zip format becomes 9.2kb!! :D

edit: oh saw ur edited post now. so i think something is remanant from the prev. install. u need to hunt it down. i'd seriously suggest kaspersky or nod32 (both paid) or even AVG (its free). all are much much much better than mcafee!

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
i had also suffered with similar problem solved it by running registry cleaner

Use Ccleaner for this purpose also even after Mcafee UnInstalls Some file

of it runs in background so fire up Task manager nd Disable some process

like Msshild (some thing like this ) and then delete its folder from Program

files then try to install

Off topic :i will suggest u to through such a crap anti virus nd try Kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom