MCA V/S Computer Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Dude seriously don't do MCA(6 years bachelors + masters) do BE(4 years) ,job opportunities for both the options are almost same, the two extra years you will waste doing MCA can be better utilized having job experience in the field and nothing beats that. I dont know why BE ppl are given much importance as MCA by the IT companies.but this is what happens.

I am doing MCA.last semester.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
tarey_g said:
Dude seriously don't do MCA(6 years bachelors + masters) do BE(4 years) ,job opportunities for both the options are almost same, the two extra years you will waste doing MCA can be better utilized having job experience in the field and nothing beats that.

I am doing MCA.last semester.

DIRECT FROM HORSES MOUTH :D

hey u can also use those extra two years for MBA...in future or after engg ;)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
tarey can u give more info on univ's and about MCA courses? I am keeping MCA as an option to MBA and will be appearing for MCA entrance exams this year.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Well, MCA is not equivalent to BE, it's a bit higher, but when it comes to job opertunities in IT sector MCA and BE is considered as equals. Some companies prefer BEs over MCAs.

mediator

Technomancer
There are a lot of MCA courses available in DElhi University. IMHO, BE is better than MCA. But AFAIK there is one advantage to BE, there is job security in almost all engineering colleges and very less in MCA providing ones.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
The Companies need Professional qualification. That's all. So companies take candidates
with a B.E or MCA qualification. My advice is, put your best foot forward - ie.,
master the language like C++, C# or Java or whatever you are interested in.
The companies look for persons with excellent knowledge in his chosen field.
When I got my first job,I didn't have a B.E or MCA qualification!!!! I was just a
BSc Physics graduate. Actually I got the job because of my mastery in Java
language. I later did my post graduation in IT thro distance education.

nithinks

True Techie
desertwind said:
Well, MCA is not equivalent to BE, it's a bit higher, but when it comes to job opertunities in IT sector MCA and BE is considered as equals. Some companies prefer BEs over MCAs.
+1
Yes even i have noticed that.

sanddy

Broken In
ya frnds if u r master in one of d demanded subjects(intense core knowledge),then employement is probably not a concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom