1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

maya (mental ray) error.....pls help

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by john_the_ultimate, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate No pain....No gain

I am new to maya and whenever I try to render using mental ray I get this error.
    mental ray for Maya 7.0
    mental ray: version 3.4.5.2, 06 July 2005
    mental ray: got 8 satellite CPUs.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/base.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/physics.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/mayabase.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/contour.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/subsurface.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/paint.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/mi_openexr.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load <INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/lib/mayahair.dll, The specified module could not be found.
    MI 0.0 error 121417: D:/Maya7.0/mentalray/maya.rayrc, line 36: cannot find $include file "<INSTALLDIR>/mentalray/include/mayabase.mi"

But when maya starts, mental ray is loaded sucesfully. This error shows only when I try to render a scene using mental ray. I have all these files in their specified folder, still maya shows modules not found.

If someone could help me step by step then it would be nice.

2. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

although i don't know about maya, but it could be that yous installation is curropt, search weather those files are at the specified place

3. OP
    OP
    john_the_ultimate

As I have already stated, all the files are at their specified places/folders.

4. OP
    OP
    john_the_ultimate

[Solution found on the net.] Actually solved the problem by manually editing maya.rayrc file. Had to update the link/address by typing the exact location of files. Anyhow thanks GX for ur help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.