Maxtor dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

nil_3

In the zone
I have a 300GB Maxtor Hard Disc(External) whose Warranty period is over. The hard disc is running fine but the firewire port is not working. Actually the HardDisc has two firewire and one USB2 ports. The USB2 port is working fine but I also need the firewire port.

The Maxtor was recently acquired by Seagate. I also asked the local Seagate Service Centre for paid servicing but they are saying that the are replacing the Maxtor harddiscs under warranty. Where can I get it serviced in Kolkata?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
nil_3 said:
I have a 300GB Maxtor Hard Disc(External) whose Warranty period is over. The hard disc is running fine but the firewire port is not working. Actually the HardDisc has two firewire and one USB2 ports. The USB2 port is working fine but I also need the firewire port.

The Maxtor was recently acquired by Seagate. I also asked the local Seagate Service Centre for paid servicing but they are saying that the are replacing the Maxtor harddiscs under warranty. Where can I get it serviced in Kolkata?
If at all you can, remove the HDD from the external casing.Get a external Firewire casing and use the HDD in it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom