Maxthon 1.3.1 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadipa

Padawan
Change log

v1.3.1 [2005-05-31]
+ New RSS notify popup.
+ New appreciation service - favorite service.
* Do not change focus away from address bar when inputing addresses.
+ 'Open offline' to start dialog.
+ Advanced option: Do not auto-refresh current tab.
+ Do not need confirmation when existing Maxthon, if only 1 blank page is opened.
* Click on status bar IP address pane to copy the ip to clipboard.

Download from here : *www.maxthon.com/download.htm

Source Maxthon Forum

rohanbee

Padawan
If you dont mind can you let me know the advantages of using this browser over Firefox, have been hearing a lot about this and was wondering wether to try it out.
Thanks
:)

hpotter606

Journeyman
It is worth a try!!!
It comparable with opera and firefox and very fast too. i am using it now and i have also used opera and firefox.

anandk

Distinguished Member
rohanbee said:
If you dont mind can you let me know the advantages of using this browser over Firefox, have been hearing a lot about this and was wondering wether to try it out.
Thanks
:)

DONT THINK, GO AHEAD ! you will love it and all its amazingly useful features ! i have tried avant, firefox too, but MAXTHON is the best one, i think ! wont have any problems. apart from tabbed browsing, it got lotsa other features like skins,re-opening closed pages, fast loading, accessing other programs from it, ofcourse sevral search bars, RSS feed, pop-up/ad/active-x/flash blockers & a history & cache eraser. :)

hpotter606

Journeyman
rohanbee said:
I hope it can be uninstalled if i don't want it without any problems!!

i dont think you will uninstall it at all :D
Anyway you can uninstall it without any problem.
It gives upto 13.3 kBps speed on my 56kbps connection. Even opera cant do that!!! 8)

sms_solver

In the zone
In maxthon, earlier whenever i (shift-click) the link, the link used to open in new tab without going to that tab.

Now after few updates, whenever I (shift-click) the link, the focus goes to the new tab. This I don't like as I may have to open multiple links remaining in the same page.

How can I solve my problem? any help

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Just Disable Activate New tab as this :
Options > Maxthon Options > Tab
Click on New Tab
Uncheck Activate New Tab option ..

You are done ... You can also enable disable it by clicking on the concerned button on the statusbar (3rd from right, just next to Enable Disable All filters button) ..

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
And btw.. Instead of clicking Shift Click every time, just enable Open in New Tab button or Middle Click on links ..

Open in New tab is the Sunstyled button on the statusbar (2nd from right, just next to Simple Collector) ..

Biplav

In the zone
maxthon is just gr8 , the ad blocker is just fabulous. i havent seen anything as useful as that.The only disadvantage is whenever i go to a cra** website, it just wont open.
and it is heavily light on my memory.and loads 10 times faster than FIREFOX!

Charley

Just Do It
I'd downloaded this software from majorgeeks.com, MYIE2[HOT] which says that its more faster and uses less system resources. Is it really true, also does it have JAVA in it.

BTW it didnt work on my sys.

OP
aadipa

aadipa

Padawan
Maxthon is just a shell for IE, giving more powerful interface to IE with tabs, and blocking some known problems of IE.

Maxthon don't have JAVA in it. You need to install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and Java Plugin for IE (which gets installed with JRE) just like Java plugin for Mozilla.

And now it has also featured in The 100 Best Products of 2005 by PCWorld (More about software list)

Biplav

In the zone
@aadipa: i like maxthon but here is where it comes down to opera:
when we use the back button opera loads from the cache: -so this not only loads faster but also saves ur download limit(if any)
i am not saying that maxthon doesnt load from cache, but if say i am surfing 3 websites(3 tabs open) at a time ,then when i press back button it does of the same tab from cache
but when i switch tabs ,it loads from the url

Charley

Just Do It
aadipa said:
Maxthon is just a shell for IE, giving more powerful interface to IE with tabs, and blocking some known problems of IE.

Maxthon don't have JAVA in it. You need to install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and Java Plugin for IE (which gets installed with JRE) just like Java plugin for Mozilla.

And now it has also featured in The 100 Best Products of 2005 by PCWorld (More about software list)

Since u mentioned abt Java gimme a link for the download .... The one I installed says class not registered...

Cheers

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
biplav said:
@aadipa: i like maxthon but here is where it comes down to opera:
when we use the back button opera loads from the cache: -so this not only loads faster but also saves ur download limit(if any)
i am not saying that maxthon doesnt load from cache, but if say i am surfing 3 websites(3 tabs open) at a time ,then when i press back button it does of the same tab from cache
but when i switch tabs ,it loads from the url

Just press BackSpace key ..It will load from cache ..

btw .. I use Keyb more than mouse .. so got used to it ..

Biplav

In the zone
no batty u didnt get it "exactly"
see if i have opened 3 -4 tabs and i keep juming from one tab to another, then the backspace button "not always" loads from the cache.
sometimes it does(and mostly when its in the present tab )
.so wat happens is i just open 1 tab .
thats it.
its not all that a problem, but man waiting for the page to load that u just visited is "getting on nerves" sort of thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom